• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS beatings and odd exercises

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
8 counts are a staple of the Crossfit program...I think they call them "burpies" though.....

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Burpies, at least as we did them, were slightly different. They were a staple item in the workouts designed by our sadistic SPECWAR PT body...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I still can't understand why the workouts are called beatings, that is just......odd.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I still can't understand why the workouts are called beatings, that is just......odd.

Probably because they aren't really "workouts"... For the most part you are not building your body up, just breaking it down. Most of the time they are just trying to put you in pain, rather than doing reps of an exercise in order to improve fitness. Sometimes improved fitness is the result, sometimes its not... I new many people that came out weaker/slower than they were when they went in...

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
ugh I had to do 50 burpies one day for PT in AROTC. I wanted to cry. this was with other crap too. Terrible terrible. I just remember the 2LT staring me in the face doing them like it was easy.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor

Plus, they are closer to beatings than they are to workouts. Don't get me wrong...you do get a fair amount of "workouts" at OCS. The term "beatings" is talking about when you really piss off your DI and he says something like, "You wanna play? Let's play. I've got more games than Milton Bradley"

That's a bad navy day.

E2Cougar

NFO
None
Jackass said:
What are star jumps, 6-90s and monkey fuckers?
These really can't be explained in words. You just have to see them to understand (except 6-90s - Lay on your back, raise your feet 6 inches off the deck. Increase to 90 degrees. Then back down to 6 inches. Hold at 6/90 each time for about 20 seconds. Do about 50 reps. Don't let your feet touch the floor between or during reps).

I just don't think I could explain monkey fvckers cause I know noone would read past the opening sentence of "bend over and grab your ankles"...

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I just don't think I could explain monkey fvckers cause I know noone would read past the opening sentence of "bend over and grab your ankles"...

Bend at the waist and loop your index fingers through your shoe laces. Then you extend your knees all the way out until your just bent at the waist and then bend your knees down and sit like a baseball catcher. After a while the down portion hurts more than the up portion...

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
I'm probably gonna get flamed to shit for this, specifically since I haven't been there yet.. and I'm sure it's probably worse when combined with the other stresses of OCS, but.. complaining about burpies? Didn't anyone here play high school football?

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot

Beatings = mash = push = getting your ass handed to you via devil exercises. Alot of times all we ever heard was "push right now" "bear crawl right now" stuff like that. Just looked at all my pics from indoc and black saturday, its pretty funny now that I look back on it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Plus, they are closer to beatings than they are to workouts. Don't get me wrong...you do get a fair amount of "workouts" at OCS. The term "beatings" is talking about when you really piss off your DI and he says something like, "You wanna play? Let's play. I've got more games than Milton Bradley"

No they aren't, beatings are this......

chokinggame.jpg

Not this.....

johnny_automatic_Jumping_rope.png

Callling them beatings is just stupid.