• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS age limits drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Some maximum age limits have been adjust down and some changes made to the prior active service age waivers. New ages are effective immediately. If you are not pro select now you will come under the following limits:

SNA 27 prior service waiver down to 24 months
NFO 27 max age reduction prior service still 48 month waiver
Supply 29 prior service age waiver dropped to 24 months

Stand by for a future possible age drop for Intel and Crypto.

Wolfpack

Here's a question. I'm slated for Supply and have an OCS date of 12/4. If this hurricane hits then I can see my date being pushed to January/February. I turn 29 in April, there fore I will not be commissioned until after I am 29. Will this cause any complications? Logic says no but I know things aren't always done logically.

Thanks.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
BUM GOUGE ALERT

My orignal post had an error in it. It has been edited. To review...

Pilot max 27 only 24 month vet waiver
NFO max now 27 with 48 mon vet waiver
Supply 29 with 24 month vet waiver

Sorry for any confusion.

Wolfpack

It is 29. I double checked with my recruiter a month or so ago and he confirmed. It looks like Wink's information is straight from the source and in my experience I trust his gouge.

navyjeff94

Final Select for Supply - 23 Apr 05 class
This link http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/noru/orojt/ojt.htm does confirm the age changes. I found out that I am still "good" until 31 which computes to be March 25, 2004 due to my prior service.

I may have to explore other branches as this isn't a comfortable window to work in not to mention the fact that my test score might be floating around the hurricane-torn base down in Pensacola.

SFgirl

navyjeff94 said:
I may have to explore other branches as this isn't a comfortable window to work in not to mention the fact that my test score might be floating around the hurricane-torn base down in Pensacola.

Mine is being sent down there now to float along side all the others...

mlj0215

Hey everyone....Haven't been on here in awhile and this post caught my eye. I was final select for Pilot last December and was dropped in January because they changed their mind on the age limit. Decided to reject the age waiver. Sucks, for us old folks...good luck to the young bucks!

Want2Fly

mlj0215 How are old are you?

I am wondering how prior service affect the age limit? Do they still allow 27.5 + time in? I am 25.5 and will probably get my degree by 28 - 28.5. Is it possible to get a flight slot?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Check out the posts just prior to this. I spelled out the prior service age waiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.