• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Adress

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
When you do send it, spritz some perfume on it and maybe a couple of lipstick kisses.

He will thank you later.

Nose

Marine OCS doesnt really play the same games that seem to be played at Navy OCS. I never saw anyone have any trouble with perfumed letters. All packages will be opened in front of the staff to ensure that there is not contraband in them but that is about it.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Marine OCS doesnt really play the same games that seem to be played at Navy OCS. I never saw anyone have any trouble with perfumed letters. All packages will be opened in front of the staff to ensure that there is not contraband in them but that is about it.

That being said, if your girlfriend sends pictures she will get "rated" by the staff in front of the platoon. In fact, my whole platoon got on line with pictures of their girlfriends while the Sgt. Instructors graded each girlfriend on a finger scale.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Do you guys know if it is ok to send priority mail to OCS? (with just a sticker, not a package envelope)

yes. its ok. My mom even fedexed me a whole bunch of birthday cards on my bday and I didnt have any problems. I had to open it in front of the staff but there werent any issues.

SemperFlyMarine

The CRF's Worst Nightmare
yes. its ok. My mom even fedexed me a whole bunch of birthday cards on my bday and I didnt have any problems. I had to open it in front of the staff but there werent any issues.

:eek: Wow...if someone had sent birthday cards to a candidate in my platoon, the staff would have had targeted him for the rest of the time there. You got lucky.

eliz33

My bf has some friends who were at OCS this summer, and they recently found out his company and platoon...

I'm worried... I'm pretty sure they are up to no good.
At least I'm not sending perfumed letters!

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
:eek: Wow...if someone had sent birthday cards to a candidate in my platoon, the staff would have had targeted him for the rest of the time there. You got lucky.

I dont think they realized it was bday cards. they just looked inside and saw a bunch of envelopes and moved on. My bday was also at the end of the last training week so staff had lightened up a little.

JDawg2332

Getting some since 1775
did ne1's mothers send them pogey bait?? some1 in my Jrs Plt got Pogey bait one day (enough for the entire plt) and the SI's said "That trash better be gone by morning!! But Marines don't waste chow"

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
did ne1's mothers send them pogey bait?? some1 in my Jrs Plt got Pogey bait one day (enough for the entire plt) and the SI's said "That trash better be gone by morning!! But Marines don't waste chow"

This isn't Myspace or a text message.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Haha...such articulate abbreviations though...take it easy HH :p:D

I know, but one of the positive and distinguishing characteristics of this message board is the use of complete (or nearly complete) sentences and whole words. It is a reflection on all the members of AW and the members of the Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard who participate.

EDIT: My apologies I left out our sister sea services that have NA/NFOs.

SemperFlyMarine

The CRF's Worst Nightmare
I dont think they realized it was bday cards. they just looked inside and saw a bunch of envelopes and moved on. My bday was also at the end of the last training week so staff had lightened up a little.

Fair enough. I actually misspoke, though. A candidate (who graduated, but to this day have no idea how or why the staff let him) did have a birthday during OCS, and one of his buddies back home sent him a card with with 3 guys, naked (from behind) on the front. Our Sergeant Instructor took one look at it, then he showed it to me, since I was on line and he was right in front of me. I couldn't help but crack (sorry for the pun) a smile and laugh a little. Anyway, he called the candidate down, gave him the card and said, "Don't ask, don't tell, right? I'm not asking so don't f*cking tell me."

Priceless

aBit-lost

Oh No!!! I got a "NOTICE" today from Quantico. My mail attempted to deliver but was not accepted and Quantico left me a "NOTICE"!!?? I can not read the notice until Tuesday due to the fact that the Post office closed at 12pm today, are closed on Sun, and Mon is Columbus day. It has to be about the fact that I am sending priority mail. Guys, my heart just sank down to my stomach.