• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 231

User1993

Going
PLC-C, Air, Los Angeles California. See you in June!

Congratulations on getting in. When was the deadline for you to meet the selection board if you don’t mind me asking? Is selection for plc-combined just as competitive as occ?

Criminal

God's personal hacky sack
pilot
Congratulations on getting in. When was the deadline for you to meet the selection board if you don’t mind me asking? Is selection for plc-combined just as competitive as occ?
Those folks graduate this weekend, or already failed. I think you missed the deadline.
Upcoming boards are around October/November, reach out to a oso quickly if you want to get on them, you have no time to waste. Plc vs occ is very dependent on that particular class for competitiveness. The only way to tell is to do your best and apply.

User1993

Those folks graduate this weekend, or already failed. I think you missed the deadline.
Upcoming boards are around October/November, reach out to a oso quickly if you want to get on them, you have no time to waste. Plc vs occ is very dependent on that particular class for competitiveness. The only way to tell is to do your best and apply.
[QUOTE="Criminal, post: 951466, member

Thanks for the info. Are the only plc combined boards in October/November? I have some classes I need to take to get my gpa in line for the program, as well as fitness goals to reach. Are the plc selection boards for 6weekers and 10weekers différent boards completely with different convening dates? The soonest I’d be eligible to apply for the program would be this March I believe. And i think the only plc option I’d be able to apply for would be combined since I’d be a junior.

Criminal

God's personal hacky sack
pilot
Depends on your location, but generally there will be a plc (6 wk & 10 wk) board around November and around March. Occ boards (10 wk) are usually in July, October, and April. If you don't qualify due to gpa/pft, then get to work. Working with an oso now can help with the pt part and they can get you medically qualified and other admin things in the mean time. If you do qualify but are not that competitive, it doesn't hurt to go on the board anyways (apply early and often), you could get lucky.