• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC183 June class scrapped entirely??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey all, there have been some wicked rumors that the OCC183 June class will be scrapped entirely because of high attrition rates... Just seeing if anyone on this forum has any substantial knowledge about any such possibility. Thanks.

Ed

This is what I got from www.marineocs.com. Thanks for the info Doug if you're reading this.

Hi,

Last week I posted the topic, "will OCC still be taking place." I stated that I heard this through a friend, who talked to a Marine OCS instructor. A few people on this board kinda shot my message down stating that they have heard those rumors before, and to stay the course....etc. etc. Well, I'm here now to let you all know that I met the OCS instructor last night at the gym. (I live in Woodbridge, VA. I'm only 10-15 minutes away from Quantico) He stated to me the next OCC class will be in October. I was frustrated with what he said, and I told him that I heard that was only a rumor. He said, "look I'm a Captain and an OCS instructor........I write the scheduling plans for OCS candidates and I'm not writing anything for the June OCC class. There will not be a June OCC class this year." So I got home last night and called my recruiter first thing..............the recruiter said he has not heard this, but has been on leave for 7 days and would check into it, and call me today. I hope to hear from him soon. All of you OCC candidates should call your OSO and ask...........please let me know if you hear anything relating to this.

Thanks,
doug

dhafeman

Ok. I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing about the Marine process since I am going Navy. My friend though who was applying to the June OCC class was told by his recruiter last week that they were not accepting any college grads for June. So what he is doing is delaying his graduation one quarter and applying to I guess what is the equivalent of OCC for people still in college. If he gets accepted, he goes in June for 10 weeks, comes home and officially graduates, and then start TBS next spring.

Thanks for the response dhafeman.. but I was hoping for something a little more informative. Just gonna bump this post up.

kimphil

There's always rumors of class cancellations from "reliable" sources. I'd ignore them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What would Jesus drive?"

Duh. A truck -- Jesus was a carpenter.

rocco

has anyone heard any recent news on OCC 183 taking place? i thought i was going til i started reading these websites!
banghead_125.gif

Dolld

So, what if this does happen? Are those that are accepted into the 183 going to be transferred into the 184 class automatically? I would suppose though that the PFT will have to be retaken. Wow this really sucks. I'm not accpeted yet but was planning on getting done this summer with OCS. Has anyone heard anymore news on this subject recently?

rocco

it's official...no OCC this summer for guys...only JAG's and women...this blows

maybe the national guard is hiring

Dolld

So are they still doing PLC? I've applied for Grounds PLC for the combined 10 week course. Is this still happening?

Imation53

To all those interested in the OCC 183 class. It will be held but there are only a hand full of slots to fill - very competive. I would not plan on being selected for this course unless you have 300 PFT/4.0 GPA/1400 SAT score and even then I would still keep my options open for summer work.

ElCid 2001

Alright, everybody calm down there is going to be a OCS class this summer these are just rumors and don't sweat it. Answer me this, why wouldn't they have a OCS this summer to hard or to hot, please. This might scare a few people on the forum but, OCS is there not to train you that is what TBS is there for, it is there to make sure it weeds out the weak and the unready or in other words the ones who where never meant to Marine Officers. So, there will be a OCS don't fret it, have faith.

davidsin

yeah my OSO told me that OCC 183 is closed to all men. He gave me the old "stay the coarse" speech.

------------------------------------------
Semper Fi

Adrenaline Rush

oh Sh%# Davidsin i forgot that you had already been accepted..im sorry man, that sux..i really hope they secure your slot for October

"And on the 8th day the Marines took over the globe and have been runnin it ever since"

davidsin

Ah It's nothting--i was expecting the worse... #184 will be my last try for a slot. I know a lot got bumped off #183. So are you going to #183 A-rush? There has to be some people that are going.

------------------------------------------
Semper Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.