• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC- TBS TRANSITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiken82

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF FINISHING CLASS 182 AND MAKING TBS BY APRIL. DOES AGE/MOS COME IN TO PLAY WHEN GETTING ORDERS TO TBS. FROM WHAT I HEAR, SOME GUYS END UP WAITING A FEW MONTHS BEFORE MAKING THE TRANSITION.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
It depends on two things: 1. what class, ie, PLC, acadamy, and 2. #'s. Mos has no play unless you are air, then you have somewhat of a priority. I am air, I commissioned 19 July (PLC program) and I have orders to TBS 14 Apr. PLCer's are at the bottom of the list, Acadamy being first, OCC, bulldog, and of coarse PLC. From what I understand, now I could be way off on all of this, but OCC goes str8 to TBS but may end up in a holding Co, but you're at TBS nontheless. Age has no impact. I've heard that the last class that graduated TBS only had a few ground contracts. I can't back that up, but I'm sure someone on here can. And lastly, #'s are the deciding factor.

"You forgot your fortune cookie"

Dirty Harry

HueyHornet75

pilot
E5B is pretty close to correct. a couple other things play into whether or not you class up. First, the Marines from OCC179 (last winter) all classed up in april for Charlie company. (Give 'em one) now. what happens when you finish up 182? You and the other 210 Lts check into Mike Company-Home of the broken, disheartened, and unmotivated. Mike co has in it any number of Lts (from 30-100+) and they are there for various resasons: 1. they are mending from OCC 181 2. they are mending from a previous training company injury 3. they did something unofficer-like and are awaiting punishment or 4. they actually volunteered to rollback a company or two (to find a home, schools for kids, jobs for spouses, etc)
The Lts. who are already in Mike will have the first shot at classing up in April with Charlie, and they will be the first round of billet holders. then, they'll try to squeeze everyone into C and realize that there are too many Lts, and they'll ask for volunteers from your group to rollback.
it's not a bad idea if you are worried about swim quals, or if you want to do martial arts training. either way, there always seems to be enough volunteers for you to not get "volunteered" which does happen at times.
either way, good luck
semper fi

Status
Not open for further replies.