• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC Requirements

UCbearcat

Lawn Dart
pilot
I've done a lot of searching around, but I have never seen anyone ask this question before on AW. I know that OCC is "designed" for college seniors and graduates, but could I apply to OCC as a second year?

The reason I ask is because I cannot do PLC due to my degree/scholarship requirements. I am required to Co-Op Summer and Winter quarters which makes me graduate in 5 years instead of 4. The trade off to this is 1.5 years of work experience coming out of college. Work experience may not be extremely helpful for OCS apps, but it sure is useful. If I could get accepted to OCC and know that I could head to OCS when I graduate, I would feel a lot more comfortable with my future.

Kind of an offshoot of this (and I know I'm going to get flamed for this one but here it goes :scared_12), if I get accepted into BDCP and then decide that I would like to transfer to the Marines (or OCC to Navy) would this be the same as an interservice transfer? I'm more of just worried that I might pass up one great opportunity and for a chance at a different one.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I've done a lot of searching around, but I have never seen anyone ask this question before on AW. I know that OCC is "designed" for college seniors and graduates, but could I apply to OCC as a second year?

By second year I'm thinkin you mean second year senior, correct? OCC is not "designed" just for seniors - it's also there for those who have already graduated college. Don't get too caught up in the whole OCC/PLC-C/PLC thing. Talk to your OSO, let him know your plans, and he will tell you what you can or cannot do.

UCbearcat

Lawn Dart
pilot
Sorry, should have specified. I meant 2nd year out of 5. I'm planning on talking to an OSO soon, but I wanted to get a better grasp on things first. Plus, I'll be back "study mode" in Fall Quarter which I think will help me a bit on the ASTB.