• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC or DCP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRIMBESY

Corporal
Ok, I need a little guidance from those that have been through the same process. I'm prior enlisted and want to fly for the USMC, but don't know the best way to get there. I'm due to graduate in December and need to decide if I should try to go to OCS through OCC or join the reserves and apply for Direct Commissioning Program. With DCP I'll have to switch to active duty during OCS or TBS, since it's a reserve program. Any ideas???

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Why would you go through DCP and then try and switch to active duty in the middle of TBS? Especially considering that billets for DCP are extremely limited (my TBS company had 0 billets, the company before us had 1), it would probably not be a guarantee that the reserves would let you just switch over.
Also, if you want to fly, why would you go through DCP, then try and switch over to active duty, and THEN try and compete for one of the few pilot slots at TBS, when you could simply go through OCC and show up day one with an active duty flight contract?

PRIMBESY

Corporal
Taxman2A said:
Why would you go through DCP and then try and switch to active duty in the middle of TBS? Especially considering that billets for DCP are extremely limited (my TBS company had 0 billets, the company before us had 1), it would probably not be a guarantee that the reserves would let you just switch over.
Also, if you want to fly, why would you go through DCP, then try and switch over to active duty, and THEN try and compete for one of the few pilot slots at TBS, when you could simply go through OCC and show up day one with an active duty flight contract?

I guess you're right. OCC it is. Thanks much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.