• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC Flight Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledown

I went to OCS this previous summer for the first 6 week course of the PLC program. I was medically discharged for bad knees (I had ITB syndrom before leaving). I still can not run but the doctor says I can probably start back soon. I will not be able to go this summer because i have done no paper work and am out of shape. My question is, How difficult is it to get into the OCC program for a flight contract. I have heard you have to be a stud. PT Stud? Or overall? I have good grades and good recommendations but I only got my PFT up to 270+/- before shipping out. Am I going to need to get my PFT up to 300 in order to be accepted? Also, are the guys in the OCC program mostly prior enlisted? Would i be the flunky who doesn't know what's going on? Any help is appreciated.

Whalebite

They are giving out flight contracts like candy now. You should be ok with 250 or better, so you are doing fine. If you are all around decent you should be ok. Most OCC is not enlisted. I don't know what it'll be like when you get in shape, but thats the story now.
2nd lt @ TBS w/ Air contract

stevew

I don't know if I am the rule or the exception but I was denied for OCC 188 air and I had a 3.51 GPA and a 278 PFT. Right now I'm debating what to do for OCC 189. I was thinking of reapplying from a different OSO, maybe somewhere out in the midwest where its harder for them to find candidates. Here in NYC it seems very competitive. My OSO here is great, so I'm a little unsure which direction to go with this. Any insight would be appreciated.

olympianchc

Fox Co....TBS
Stevew

There is a lot more that goes into it besides grades and PFT. Did you have a lot of extra-curriculars, accomplishments that show leadership ect...?? It all depends, because ground guys tend to need higher PFT scores than air guys, and a guy from my OSO office had a fairly average PFT and got into 188 ground.

perchul

OCC is more competitive to get into but nothing to really sweat if you go into PLC fine. I had a guy in my platoon that originally did PLC juniors I ever ask what happened but the bottom line is he was at OCC with me. Just start getting the paper work through for OCC now and talk to your OSO...we can speculate all we want it doesn't have anything to do with what the board actually thinks.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
I've posted. . .

This to a Navy OCS hopeful, I'll post it again:

Former Blue Angel and F/A-18 pilot Larry "Fudge" Packer said, "I was not accepted into the Navy programs when I first applied, but I wouldn't let them say 'No.' So I kept coming back and coming back until finally they said, 'Sure, come on in!'"

Keep on kicking!

Don't give up!

Status
Not open for further replies.