• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC Class 203, JAN 2010

Marinerugby

I am currently waiting to go down to NAS Pensacola for my flight physical, that is all I need in order to officially submit a package. I should be down there Oct 19th-21st. Has everyone else that plans on going in Jan. already received orders, or are others still waiting to find out exactly what’s going on as I am.

DenaliDrew

Occ 203

Flight physicals are a pain... Got mine done in Iraq. Trying to get in on an age waiver on enlisted commissioning program. Don't know whats worse, the process of submitting the package or the waiting.

DenaliDrew

I'm hearing that most of the slots are going ground- none available for air. However, rumors run rampant in the gun club. Should find out sometime next week for the prior enlisted guys.

GeorgiaMarine

I am going ground! I think my package is good just not sure how good my chances really are... I a current reservist and 28 years old with a wife and 2 kids. I have a 286 PFT so I am hoping everything will be alright...anyone have a similar experience or knowledge???

DenaliDrew

Very similar experience. 29 year old w/ wife, active duty cpl with a 288 pft. Strong letters of recommendation from 3 Company grade and strong endorsement from Infantry Colonel. Put in an air contract but will take either. Only thing that I'm worried about is my GPA and drug waiver from entrance.

TheChuckNoise

I'm waiting to hear about OCC 203 as well. I believe I read they convene on the 15th of December. Wish I could find that reference again.

Flight physical at NAS was fun. Poke and prodded. Saw a big-ol Marine fall to the deck after they took his blood.

Yeah, I think nearly all Air spots are gone for like another year or something. Our office does have an NFO spot though.

DenaliDrew, how big of pain is the ECP process? Any harder to get into than OCC?

Marinerugby

Going ground now! Package was sent in a few weeks ago, so hopefully all those headed for OCC-203 will have good news before Christmas.

DenaliDrew

Dude, it's all relative to your command. Very political as well. I tried at a heavy helicopter squadron a few times, politics got in the way. PCS'ed, six months later highest recommendations.

It's a blessing and a curse. The blessing is there are a lot less competitors for a good number of slots. It's a pretty obscure program with a lot of esoteric rules and minuscule announcements, so you have to be on your toes. However, because they apparently expect a lot more out of the ECP applicants, you can be shut out... I must have lucked out. 2.64 GPA, drug waivers (party school, you do the math) and being geriatric should have locked me out, but not this time!

DenaliDrew

Y'all post something as soon as y'all get word... I'm curious to know who all is throwing down in January. Most everybody I've talked to tell me if you take a positive attitude into it, you'll have a blast, so dammitt we're going to have a blast.

DenaliDrew

More than likely.. If you're an air candidate, then you probably did a flight physical. The main difference is the inclusion of anthro measurements. They want to make sure you can fit in a cockpit and reach everything appropriately.

TheChuckNoise

The NAMI flight physical is much like MEPS but much more in depth. They'll do an EKG, take X-rays, anthro, dental, audio, take lots of blood and then you'll have a sit down with the flight surgeon. But you get paid to be there, so it's all good.