• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC Boards?

StorminNorman

Trying to hit the Dangerzone
Hey everyone -
I've been looking all over the site for when the boards are going to meet for OCC198 or OCC199; I am an air contract graduating in December, 2007. Ive passed the air test and my PFT is
18 PU
100 Crunches
22:08 run
I've done the EPSQ, LORs, and everything else that my recruiter expected of me...
Just wondering when I can expect a selection board to pop up.
we are all just hurryin up to wait...

Trev82

pilot
Well shoot, the 196 class doesn't even START until sept/oct which is then followed by 197 so for 198 to 199 you can expect the boards to be meeting sometimes next year although you can get preselected for the 198 class when the boards meet for 197. That happened in my case, my packet was submitted for 195 and 196 and i was selected for 196...i'm looking on the Marine OCS website under report dates and 198's report date is june 1st so you can expect the boards to be meeting for that class several months prior...hope that helps.

Lonestar

Why not put in for 197 at the August board for 196. Unless you have another reason to wait until next summer instead of going in January (197).

docholiday

Does anyone know an average PFT score for getting selected. I had a 268 and was trying to get selected for OCC 195 but it didn't happen. Since I got the news that I wasn't selected I stepped up a notch and am now at a 280.

Trev82

pilot
280 + is competitive tho of course you want to keep improving, but 280 will compete...keeping in mind the other areas of your packet are solid as well...

Indeejordan

Does anyone know if it is that competitive where you need a 280+ pft to get selected for OCC Ground as oppose to Air? I am at a 255 now but continuing to improve. Just curious, Thanks.

TheFurr7198

when i first went through I got selected with a 235 PFT as an air contract. I was at about a 270 when I showed up but I got selected with that score. Dont worry to much as long as everything else is ok with your life(no arrests, good grades, etc.). The Marine Corp is hurting for new bodies and there are fewer people to meet that demand. They will atleast give youa chance at OCS to weed yourself out.

Indeejordan

when i first went through I got selected with a 235 PFT as an air contract. I was at about a 270 when I showed up but I got selected with that score. Dont worry to much as long as everything else is ok with your life(no arrests, good grades, etc.). The Marine Corp is hurting for new bodies and there are fewer people to meet that demand. They will atleast give youa chance at OCS to weed yourself out.

Thanks for the info. I have 3.4 GPA Finance and Real Estate major. I got a 21 on my ACT's so I have to take the ASVAB but I am not too worried about it. I have nothing major in my past. I got a Possession of Alcohol Under Legal Age when I was 19. I hope that wont hold me back. Thanks.

docholiday

From what I understand, if you are PLC they are much more lenient on your PFT. But if you are OCC then they are harder because they expect you as a graduate to have everything already in order. According to some of the people I have talk to, a 285 or better is a guaranteed selection. But I have heard of PLC guys getting selected with a 255 or so. I also had a Possession of Alcohol when I was 18. But they said that it shouldn't hurt me and I think it helps if it is not on your record.

Indeejordan

From what I understand, if you are PLC they are much more lenient on your PFT. But if you are OCC then they are harder because they expect you as a graduate to have everything already in order. According to some of the people I have talk to, a 285 or better is a guaranteed selection. But I have heard of PLC guys getting selected with a 255 or so. I also had a Possession of Alcohol when I was 18. But they said that it shouldn't hurt me and I think it helps if it is not on your record.

I am at 100 situps, 15 pullups, and a 21 min run. If I can get my pullups up to 20 than I will be around 280 I believe. And I will continue to try and get my run down. I hope that will be competitive.

docholiday

That would be great. I'm trying to get my run time down. I have 100 crunches, 20 pullups and 21:14 run. Running faster has been a challenge for me.

Indeejordan

That would be great. I'm trying to get my run time down. I have 100 crunches, 20 pullups and 21:14 run. Running faster has been a challenge for me.

Yeah, it has been a challenge for me as well. I need to go out and do some sprints and different things. I fall into a comfort zone of my much too casual 3 mile runs. Sometimes I will do 5 or 6 but I haven't been doing anything for speed. I have been doing the Armstrong Pull up program for my pullups. I am also going to get one of those dip belts so I can start adding weight. Did you do anything else to help with your pullups?