• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ 197

feenix

Doesn't seem that anyone has started this one yet, so........who is ready for OCS in January? I hear it is beautiful that time of year.

I am waiting for November board's to know if I was green lighted or not...

HallerB

I was selected in the August boards for OCC-197. It's been a long road to get selected, like everyone, but now I'm just counting the days to start freezing my balls off.

feenix

speaking of balls freezing off...and aside from the necessary grinning and baring of it all...has anyone ever heard of any tips for dealing with cold water or just the cold in general?

For example, I do medical research now and I have read that if you eat foods like peanuts before going into cold water it helps to keep your body temp up.

I hate shivering and I want to avoid it as best as I can...if I can...and living in AZ these past 3 years, its going to make it even more of a shock

m3urthy

Why don't you have a seat right over there.
I want to go to OCC-197. Unfortunately for me, there are NO NFO slots open.

Gonna have to PRK soon and put in SNA for 198. Good luck guys!

Riper Snifle

OCC 194 TBS C 03-07
Problem is you can't get peanuts at OCS. You can get peanut butter in the morning. I graduated OCC-194 last winter, and there is nothing to do but just grin and bear it. There were plenty of southerners who had never seen snow before and graduated just fine though. We started out with 336 candidates and graduated 195 lieutenants. The worst part of winter was standing in formation outside of Bobo Chowhall with your rifle in your hands because the metal made your hands feel freezing cold. It also sucked slipping on ice on hikes because it was tough getting back up with your ruck on your back. It is amusing to watch a Gunnery Seargeant bite it on the ice, and completely lose his bearing. Good times. :)

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Have fun boys ... Ill be thinkin about you down here in sunny Corpus.
In all seriousness, best of luck. The reward is well worth the price - believe it.

Freezerburn7

Im putting in my packet for selection in November. hopefully for 197. I'd like to freeze my nuts of as soon as possible. I'm heading off to Pensacola this week for a flight physical. Lets hope I dont get the NAMI whammy.
Best of luck gentleman.

feenix

Freezerburn,
My OSO told me I needed to be selected first before I got sent to Pensacola...did that happen with you?

jostuar1

I just got back from my OSO this morning after taking another PFT and they said that the selection boards aren't meeting until December 19th for the January 27th OCS class (OCC-197). I will be in consideration for OCC-197 after getting contracted Nov 7th.

m3urthy

Why don't you have a seat right over there.
I just got back from my OSO this morning after taking another PFT and they said that the selection boards aren't meeting until December 19th for the January 27th OCS class (OCC-197). I will be in consideration for OCC-197 after getting contracted Nov 7th.

Who is your OSO?

Freezerburn7

Well to the best of my knowledge I haven't been selected yet, and I have my airline tickets in hand for my physical, so not with me. Im OCC, I've herd it is diffrent for OCC and PLC.

VIZKRIEG

KILL
From what I understand, having gone through parts of it recently, is that if you are applying for an SNA slot, you have a flight physical to go into part of your package. The reason being, if you fail that physical, your package isn't worth submitting anyways. But that is just what I've seen.