• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ-197

williamtcox

Been here, doing that. (this "brutal" So Tx Wx is not THAT bad)

I'll still take snow over humidity and bugs.

I agree with you Bates,... bugs suck. I'm from Florida so I know bugs. I have been fortunate to grow up in the desert too, where it gets COLD. I'll bet the quigley will be easier when cold too.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I agree with you Bates,... bugs suck. I'm from Florida so I know bugs. I have been fortunate to grow up in the desert too, where it gets COLD. I'll bet the quigley will be easier when cold too.
Um ... ok .... let me know how that goes.

williamtcox

Um ... ok .... let me know how that goes.

I know it sounds weird but I'm not coming from the temperature standpoint but from the bugs and snakes and critters standpoint. I would much rather freeze than to have a water mockasin crawl down my shirt. Plus I heard we don't do the quigley till march anyways so the temp. shouldn't be too bad.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I know it sounds weird but I'm not coming from the temperature standpoint but from the bugs and snakes and critters standpoint. I would much rather freeze than to have a water mockasin crawl down my shirt. Plus I heard we don't do the quigley till march anyways so the temp. shouldn't be too bad.

The bugs are not too bad in Quantico. (Milton is bad...) There are a few ticks, but I only saw them over on the TBS side. Good luck man, cold or hot, bugs or snakes, just don't be a sissy and quit. S/F

Ground&Pound

If your talking about NAS Kingsville or CC......I don't know how long you've been in the area but this summer has been the mildest I can remember. Its only been 100 degrees a few times. I can remember growing up it would be over a 100 for weeks on end. Not to mention the humidity in the 80's and 90's.

MasterBates

This is my 2nd time being stationed here. Been at both Krock and Corpass.

It snows here too (and the locals don't deal well with that).

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
I'm probably applying for this one, as I expect my PFT scores to finally be up to snuff again (and actually better) than way back in 193. If all goes well, we'll up there in January breaking the ice on the Quigley with the butts of our M-16's before we dive in. :D

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
hey guys this is my first ever post after spending countless hours reading everyone elses posts....Just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!!

Im also applying for OCC-197 for the end of Jan. And Im just now about to get my ass in gear physically and studying wise I think that a good several month preparing would be good before I go and take all my tests. What do you guys think?

Im just curious though reading your post about the board. Im out here in denver CO, when would be the latest that I have to turn in my package in order for me to get in OCC-197? Am I spending way to much time preparing for all the tests or am I too late and should of had it all done by now? :confused:

Good luck on your tests...but the real trial once you get up there is going to be the physical one. Don't overtrain...don't undertrain. You don't want to come home injured (like I did) and potentially mess up your dreams in that fashion.

feenix

The SSgt at my OSO's office told me over the weekend that all air candidates had to have their flight physicals done at Pensicola...is that right? A buddy of mine went air a few years ago, he lived in Pitt, and he didn't have to go down to Florida...?