• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC 190 second board for East Coast

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Not sure if anybody is in this hellish boat, but I just got a call from my OSO. Apparently a bunch of packages still haven't had their waivers signed off on so the board has decided to hold a second OCC 190 board September 8th. I will be waiting until then to get my packet reviewed.

The good news is my waivers haven't been disapproved yet (and some have apparently). The bad news is I gotta wait another month. However, I am going to do another PFT and get above a 270 this time around hopefully. Arghhh. Another month to wait.

What worries me is the first board is still meeting tomorrow. To me that would lead one to believe that there won't be many slots left come this second board. Hopefully I'm wrong.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Sorry, just what my OSO told me. He said 2 guys from his office (myself included) still have waivers to be signed off on. Some ppl. have had theirs disapproved so I guess this is better than that happening. He just said that there must be a handful of them for the board to decide to have a second board September 8th.

If my damn waivers just go through I won't mind the wait bc it can give me a chance to break 275 for my PFT. Its waiting on the waivers thats gonna kill me.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
E6,

I think you now officially have a butt load of people watching and cheering you on. Keep us updated! Again, I hope everything works out.

B

zuggerat

Slammer2 said:
E6,

I think you now officially have a butt load of people watching and cheering you on. Keep us updated! Again, I hope everything works out.

B

No Law School! No Law School! No Law School! No Law School! No Law School! Wooooooooohooo! :icon_birt (that emoticon was as close as i could come to an idiot with a dunce cap)

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Thanks for the support guys. I wish there was a way to interview for these damn waivers. I work in a public trust position for the U.S. Gov't and right now I am leading a project that will spend 2.2 million in air force money. Why can't the board look at that before deciding if my stupid law violations from 6-10 years ago should be waivered? C'est la vie.............

DimndDave14

Ok I have two questions: 1) By waivers do you mean like medical problems or run in with the law? Also what are some of the reasons that you need a waiver; would you need one for a speeding ticket or poor eye sight?
2) So if the USMC is going to hold two board dates does that mean anyone that sent a package in (considering the package is competitive) for the August 9 date has a good shot at getting in because of the fact they need a second board date to try and fill in spots?

I just got a call from my OSO and he says I didn't get selected... not official yet .. he said there was such a high volume of applicants..

Basic Stats for People to Guage by
PFT 254
1300 SAT
3.0 GPA
5/5/6 ASTB (waivered)

looks like to just get my pft up some more and go for january....

gringo

ahhhh ok got it. I'm worried now mine were a lil lower, but my oso told me as long as i get the minimum scores ill be good to go. I also have a commercial license and 300 hrs so maybe that'll help. Sorry you didnt get selected. Wish you luck next time.

I have a 2.79 gpa, 242 pft, and 4/6/5 astb