• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC 183

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiken82

DID ANYONE APPLYING TO OCC 182 GET ROLLED TO 183 ? MY OSO TOLD ME THAT IT IS NOT UNCOMMON FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES TO GET ROLLED TO THE NEXT CLASS FOR LACK OF ROOM.

"WELL, ARE YOU GONNA PULL THOSE PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE"

THE OUTLAW JOSIE WALES

kaiken82

DAVIDSIN,

WHAT IS THE DEADLINE THEY ARE GIVING YOU TO RE-SUBMIT. I THINK I WILL RE-SUBMIT FOR 183 IF MY OSO WILL SEND IT AGAIN. I ASSUME MY PACKAGE IS GOOD TO GO OTHER THAN UPDATING MY PFT, DO YOU KNOW?

THE OUTLAW JOSIE WALES

JF

When you say "rolled" into 183, does that mean you are officially in for 183 or were asked to reapply?
Here on the East Coast my OSO has yet to received the selection board results for 182. Where are you all from?

kaiken82

JF,

WHEN I SAID ROLLED, I MEANT THAT A CANDIDATE HAD QUALIFIED BUT WAS ROLLED TO THE NEXT CLASS DUE TO LACK OF ROOM. MY OSO HAD GUYS GET ROLLED FROM THE OCC181 TO 182, SO THERE SLOTS WERE SECURED BEFORE THE 182 BOARD EVER MET. I WAS JUST CURIOUS IF ANYONE HAD BEEN ROLLED INTO 183. AS FOR YOU NOT HEARING, I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY, I LIVE IN ARKANSAS AND WAS NOTIFIED BY PHONE DEC.17 OF MY REJECTION FOR 182.

THE OUTLAW JOSIE WALES

davidsin

My slot is not secure. I've been told that they don't see any reason why I won't go to 183, but say i'll know for sure by April.

Semper Fi

Adrenaline Rush

sorry if this question is off topic, but what happens when your accepted? you swear in? do they send information to your house? do you sign more paperwork etc???

I'd Rather Be A Lion For One Day, Than Be A Sheep For A Thousand Years

davidsin

They tell me that they'll give me the official word on my status with class 183 by April. I have a feeling that even if they know sooner, they won't let us know until a month before the ship out date. It's just a hunch. I guess they don't want us to slack off upon notice of a secure slot months down the line.

I'm sure they'll be taking re-submited packets up to about a month before class 183 starts. Ask the oso and get back to us on it.

Semper Fi

perchul

I'm suppose to go to the board for 183 but my oso said not to be surprised if I get rolled into 184...he also explained that if you roll over you get a high priority for that class. No one can be sure how exactly that works out, but I assume it means your better off then the previous time in most circumstances

Beaver

Adrenaline Rush,
There is always more paperwork. After I was selected for 182 I had to sign and resign some paperwork, and the night before I fly out I'll have to sign more paperwork. They also give you a nifty little certificate and a pre-ship packet to help you prepare. There wasn't any swearing in because you don't actually commit to the Marine Corps until you accept your commission. At least I think that's the way it'll go. All I know for sure is 'hurry up and wait'!

Adrenaline Rush

hey beaver thanx for the info.. i hear ya on the hurry up and wait,, i had no idea what it meant until i got involved with the officer application process..pretty rediculous

I'd Rather Be A Lion For One Day, Than Be A Sheep For A Thousand Years

davidsin

lol no kidding~at least you're not the only one. At first I thought it was just me in the waiting game. I was asking myself "are they just messing with me or something?"

Semper Fi

Beaver

At least I only have one more week to wait until I'm in Virginia and relearning what hurry up and wait means.
Good luck everyone and maybe we'll run into each other in Quantico and not even know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.