• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

obama protestor w. AR-15

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
Yea if the permit ever gets here.

The State of Florida has taken my 75 bucks from me but hasn't sent me my doggone permit. This was probably back in May when I sent in for it. Ridiculous.

Lazers, I just got mine a few days back. I was first told that my security check was holding things up. It turns out that they don't want to issue gun permits to people with FBI background checks pending. Then they blamed it on the backlog of people.
There is a number to call however, (850) 245-5691. If you give them your social security #, they'll let you know where you are in the application process. Be prepared for a 30 minute wait until someone picks up the phone though.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I agree...the law seems to contradict itself. You CAN own a gun, but you CANT have a gun? ....
Well, it just gets crazier ... in WA state (which used to be a GREAT place to live & breathe -- one of da' best, Bruddah) ... you may today LEGALLY own a silencer/suppressor (after jumping through all the FED hoops) .... and you can LEGALLY mount it on a firearm ... YOU JUST CAN'T LEGALLY DISCHARGE THE FIREARM WITH THE SILENCER/SUPPRESSOR ATTACHED .... !!!!!

*whew* .... I'm exhausted just tryin' to contemplate the sheer genius behind this 10-12 year old 'enhancement' to the WA state RCW's ....

My eyes glaze over .... :sleep_125

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Love this one...
CNN said:
U.S. Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan acknowledged the incidents in New Hampshire and Arizona, but said he was not aware of any other recent events where protesters attended with open weapons. He said there was no indication that anyone had organized the incidents.

Asked whether the individuals carrying weapons jeopardized the safety of the president, Donovan said, "Of course not."

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Good to hear he wasn't alone in his endeavor to promote the 2nd...

FWIW Under Texas State Law a government agency (Federal excluded) can not restrict CCW permit holders from entering with their weapons unless its otherwise noted in the statute (court house, etc)... what that means?

Airport cant restrict CCW permit holders (forward of the secure area), Capitol building, etc...

The governors office is in the Capitol building... I carry a gun there all the time... VIP status doesn't keep the Governor away from gun toting citizens...

I know Rick Perry isn't the same as the POTUS, but still... I don't think the Constitution is suspended based on proximity to the President... I suppose if you were going to an event at say a convention center, etc, they could establish a security checkpoint and not allow weapons in that area, but if you are out on the street peaceably assembling I don't think they would be able to charge you with anything... I could be wrong though.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
In the article it says they weren't allowed inside because wherever POTUS and the secret service travel becomes de facto federal property, under federal jurisdiction...making CCW permits/open carry illegal.

Kyoowashugi

In the article it says they weren't allowed inside because wherever POTUS and the secret service travel becomes de facto federal property, under federal jurisdiction...making CCW permits/open carry illegal.

Interesting logic. I wonder how the anti-Federalists would have felt about that.

IRfly

None
Holy shit! A guy did something perfectly legal and he didn't get arrested! Where's the story here? :sleep_125

das

Contributor
Puzzles me that this can happen (and yes, I agree it's legal), while this can happen in Wisconsin:

Wisconsin Attorney General J. B. Van Hollen says that the "mere open carry of a firearm, absent additional facts and circumstances, should not result in a disorderly conduct charge", and then someone doing just that gets arrested for disorderly conduct. Not only that, but in Wisconsin, as one of only two states that doesn't have any concealed carry provision, there are are no other options.

So, I "get" the whole notion that randomly carrying around a weapon in public may cause a "disturbance", and I understand the issues for police. But in the larger context, how can openly carrying an AR-15 and a handgun in the vicinity of a presidential appearance NOT constitute a "disturbance", whereas simply walking down the street in a state whose attorney general has explicitly declared open carry legal constitute disorderly conduct? I suppose the answer is that it's subjective and discretionary, but I still find it interesting...

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
You did...but must be 21 years of age or over...so you just made it!!:D

Here ya go:

http://www.sdsos.gov/adminservices/concealedpistolpermits.shtm#Reciprocity Agreements

meh, I didn't purchase a handgun till my 21st birthday anyways.. It was just nice to have the concealed carry permit so I could walk out with it without the waiting period. A real happy birthday to me moment for sure!:D

Thanks for the link btw, I did always find this one in particular to be very helpful: http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal/reciprocity.php

Bevo16

pilot
But in the larger context, how can openly carrying an AR-15 and a handgun in the vicinity of a presidential appearance NOT constitute a "disturbance", whereas simply walking down the street in a state whose attorney general has explicitly declared open carry legal constitute disorderly conduct? I suppose the answer is that it's subjective and discretionary, but I still find it interesting...

I think that the answer is that you have some douche-bag cops. Probably a police chief or two who is not a fan of the 2nd amendment.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor

And then the clowns at MSNBC want to make it a racial thing....notice that they won't show Brother Chris' skin color...

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
I think it's funny that MSNBC mentioned white hate groups in the second video, when in reality all they had to do was basic research into the crowd this guy runs with and they would have found something just as crazy.

Check out the website from the first video. Look past the people in the video and look at their surroundings. The chick from the car has a 9/11 truth sign. The poster in the room they're gathering in before the rally says "VACCINES = POISON". Another poster is about Jesse Ventura's support of the 9/11 conspiracy movement. Listen to what Chris (the guy with the AR-15) says in the video, and then compare it to what the group promoting the video believes.

From the video description: "Remember...Democracy was Created by Terrorists"
Oh good, that's the kind of attitude I like to see coming from people armed to the teeth.