• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navy224me

Sorry to sound a little naive. I am just beginning the process of looking into BDCP. I would eventually like to go Supply Corps even if I don't get into the program and have to apply to OSC. My quick question is what is an OAR score? Sorry to sound silly, but just wanted to know.

Thanks.

pineapplehead

BDCP Crypto, OCS - July 9, 2005
The OAR (Officer Aptitude Rating) is one of the scores that comes from the ASTB (Aviation Selection Test Battery) that everyone applying for OCS must take. The OAR comes from the verbal and mechanical comprehension sections. From what I know, everyone has to take all portions of the test, but for non-aviation applicants, only the OAR matters. An OAR above 50 is considered competitive (or at least, that's what my recruiter told me).

zornundo

I'm applying for Supply, and my recruiter said I only needed to take the OAR portions. My recruiter also said a score of 50 is competitive, pineapplehead.

zornundo

My impression from the recruiter was that only Supply took the OAR and everybody else took the full ASTB. I could be wrong, or not. If not, then I guess I am only applying for Supply.

GIJANE

GI JANE
Every officer group takes the OAR. The ASTB is just for Aviators and Naval Flight Officers. Some recruiters make you take both because it can give you more options if you don't get picked up for your first choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.