• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OAR Waiver Memo

smblord36

IS1 (IW/AW) applying for OCS 1830
Has anyone submitted an OAR score waiver for a score below the waiverable score in the PA? I’m applying for Intel, minimum score is a 50, or a waiverable score of 45. I’ve taken it twice and got a 43 both times. Recruiter told me to submit for a waiver anyways but that makes me nervous. I’m an IS1 with 9 years AD, I have a masters degree with a 3.4 GPA, I’m just a TERRIBLE test taker…. Any input is greatly appreciated. Hoping to submit for the June board coming up.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Has anyone submitted an OAR score waiver for a score below the waiverable score in the PA? I’m applying for Intel, minimum score is a 50, or a waiverable score of 45. I’ve taken it twice and got a 43 both times. Recruiter told me to submit for a waiver anyways but that makes me nervous. I’m an IS1 with 9 years AD, I have a masters degree with a 3.4 GPA, I’m just a TERRIBLE test taker…. Any input is greatly appreciated. Hoping to submit for the June board coming up.

You have to retake the exam and do at least a 45 in order to attempt a waiver. It’s cut and dry whats waiverable and what’s not.

Whiskeyrice

Your recruiter or CCC may be telling you this as they've seen these waivers been approved before. Just like age and TiS the waiver may be rubber stamped approved by NRC but come board review it'll be shot down then.

I considered having an OAR waiver for IP when I scored 46. I reproached the study material and the way I studied and came out with a 53 the next month. Not impressive or anything but enough to fly by without a waiver. There's some good info here on various methods, but don't let a "bad test taker" mentality halt your package to a grinding stop. Good luck.

smblord36

IS1 (IW/AW) applying for OCS 1830
Your recruiter or CCC may be telling you this as they've seen these waivers been approved before. Just like age and TiS the waiver may be rubber stamped approved by NRC but come board review it'll be shot down then.

I considered having an OAR waiver for IP when I scored 46. I reproached the study material and the way I studied and came out with a 53 the next month. Not impressive or anything but enough to fly by without a waiver. There's some good info here on various methods, but don't let a "bad test taker" mentality halt your package to a grinding stop. Good luck.
Thank you. I’m definitely not giving up. I’ll study harder and try again, I’m just super nervous now that I’ve taken it twice.