• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OAR Waiver Memo

Ligerfoxzoid

I am looking if someone has a waiver memo they have submitted recently. I currently have a 49 OAR score and need a 50. Looking to retest before submission, but I want to go ahead and have a waiver memo drafted just in case. Thanks in Advance.

CTR1 Forsythe

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am looking if someone has a waiver memo they have submitted recently. I currently have a 49 OAR score and need a 50. Looking to retest before submission, but I want to go ahead and have a waiver memo drafted just in case. Thanks in Advance.

CTR1 Forsythe
How many times have you taken the test? If you haven't hit your limit, why not STUDY your ASS off and retake the test?

I'm not sure how competitive you will be with a waiver....

FinkUFreaky

pilot
Agreed with above. A waiver would likely allow you to be selected if everyone above you without a waiver were selected and they still needed more people (not likely right now in the COVID economy). I'd recommend you make sure you don't need a waiver, as mentioned above by studying as much as you can and performing better on the test on your next try. Best of luck

exNavyOffRec

CTR1 Forsythe
The OAR is just your ticket in the door, what is the rest of your application like? If you submit the first time and are not selected a retake is a way to get around the 6 month waiting period, you should hold the retest card until you need to play it.

zarevich

The OAR is just your ticket in the door, what is the rest of your application like? If you submit the first time and are not selected a retake is a way to get around the 6 month waiting period, you should hold the retest card until you need to play it.
Agree, I am currently doing the same thing. Requested OAR waiver for Intel so that if I do not make it this time, I will retake the OAR for my 3rd time after studying my ass off and have a reason to resubmit within 6months.

Ligerfoxzoid

That's what I am going to do. I was able to get a waiver request from a student at DLI right now.

Ligerfoxzoid

Are you able to share the waiver request? I am unsure how it is formatted/worded. Thanks in advance!

Here you go. I just took out my information.

Attachments

• Shareable Waiver Request Endorsement.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 173
  • Shareable OAR Waiver.doc
    33 KB · Views: 169

Chrdavis

If you look at the previous IWC board you will see about half of the individuals selected had an OAR waiver. There is much much more to the selection process than the OAR.

Also, thanks for sharing your waiver!

exNavyOffRec

If you look at the previous IWC board you will see about half of the individuals selected had an OAR waiver. There is much much more to the selection process than the OAR.

Also, thanks for sharing your waiver!

exactly, no one really cares about the OAR, they will pick the ME with 3.7 and 43 OAR over the ME with 3.0 and 70 OAR

the OAR is really just your ticket to the board.

Chrdavis

exactly, no one really cares about the OAR, they will pick the ME with 3.7 and 43 OAR over the ME with 3.0 and 70 OAR

the OAR is really just your ticket to the board.

Also, another thing to think about that is most likely the largest consideration for IWC is the eligibility for TS/SCI clearance.

exNavyOffRec

Also, another thing to think about that is most likely the largest consideration for IWC is the eligibility for TS/SCI clearance.
any potential issues would be addressed during the processing before the applications get to the board, it is rare for an issue to come up after the board during the actual background check.

Ghaieth

Thank you for sharing that! What’s the process of doing that though? Do you do that through ur chain of Command or through an Officer Recruiter??