• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OAR TEST SERIOUS HELP PLEASE

exNavyOffRec

I was told by my recruit officer when he checked the applications time lines , that for an active intel you could apply anytime no board deadlines giving you have the suitable score , but for the reserve intel the board meets twice a year which I would have to wait till March for their next meeting and no test required

http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/Graphic-El...131 FY15 BOARDSKED By Community - Encl 4 .pdf

Here is what it looks like, I think there is a new revision but it just usually cancels boards.

Saints74

I am studying for the OAR portion of the ASVAB and wanted to get feedback on good materials to help study . Any suggestions?

Asilvia22

Hello to all!

My name is Ashley and I finally found this site AFTER I finished my kit for OCS. I have chosen Intel as my designator. I am civilian but am a Navy brat from both parents.

I have been in the process of getting my kit together since April this year. I finished everything, sent it out and it got kicked back because of my OAR. I scored a 42, which I know is low and was disappointed with; however my recruiter said the rest of my kit should balance out. A quick look at my stats:

29 years old
3.60 GPA, BA Criminal Justice, minor Political Science
5 LORs--my GM, CM, best friend(lawyer), long time family friend(retired Master Chief) and a second family friend(retired drill instructor for the Marines/Border Patrol)
10/10 on interview with a Captain
Captain of different sports teams/held office in organizations in High school
Mission trips
Random awards here and there
Then there is the already stated 42 on OAR

In a way I am happy to retake this because I know I can do better and want to make my kit better, however I am still having difficulty with the mechanical comprehension. I retake this on Wednesday the 29th. I've been studying since before my recruiter told me I needed to retake, using the gouge on here in addition to several guides. I know this is a repetitive question, but here it goes: any tips or advice to brush up in this area? I took college level(duel enrollment) physics in high school followed by physics 2 in college and did well; but about 40% of the information I am studying just seems new to me.

Sorry for such the long post, but I also wanted to introduce myself before asking my question. I look forward to being a part of this forum and the journey towards a commission.

exNavyOffRec

Hello to all!

My name is Ashley and I finally found this site AFTER I finished my kit for OCS. I have chosen Intel as my designator. I am civilian but am a Navy brat from both parents.

I have been in the process of getting my kit together since April this year. I finished everything, sent it out and it got kicked back because of my OAR. I scored a 42, which I know is low and was disappointed with; however my recruiter said the rest of my kit should balance out. A quick look at my stats:

29 years old
3.60 GPA, BA Criminal Justice, minor Political Science
5 LORs--my GM, CM, best friend(lawyer), long time family friend(retired Master Chief) and a second family friend(retired drill instructor for the Marines/Border Patrol)
10/10 on interview with a Captain
Captain of different sports teams/held office in organizations in High school
Mission trips
Random awards here and there
Then there is the already stated 42 on OAR

In a way I am happy to retake this because I know I can do better and want to make my kit better, however I am still having difficulty with the mechanical comprehension. I retake this on Wednesday the 29th. I've been studying since before my recruiter told me I needed to retake, using the gouge on here in addition to several guides. I know this is a repetitive question, but here it goes: any tips or advice to brush up in this area? I took college level(duel enrollment) physics in high school followed by physics 2 in college and did well; but about 40% of the information I am studying just seems new to me.

Sorry for such the long post, but I also wanted to introduce myself before asking my question. I look forward to being a part of this forum and the journey towards a commission.

When are you planning on retaking? If you are trying for the Sept board you only have a month left to retake, I thought 42 was above the minimum but if your kit was prevented from going to board then it must have gone up, RUFIO could confirm.

Asilvia22

The minimum was 35 and per my recruiter the new minimum is now 45. Apparently it isn't an official change yet, but in the works to be changed and as he explained it "once they want a change in policy, we all follow regardless of it being official" We have already sent out a waiver which got denied. I retake it this Wednesday, the 29th.

I am completely fine with retaking as I want/need a better score and I will still be able to make the September board, (provided it doesn't get cancelled)

exNavyOffRec

The minimum was 35 and per my recruiter the new minimum is now 45. Apparently it isn't an official change yet, but in the works to be changed and as he explained it "once they want a change in policy, we all follow regardless of it being official" We have already sent out a waiver which got denied. I retake it this Wednesday, the 29th.

I am completely fine with retaking as I want/need a better score and I will still be able to make the September board, (provided it doesn't get cancelled)

That doesn't surprise me since SWO went to 45, and that is correct, if they know something will change in the PA they will follow it since once it is signed those waiting are out of luck if they don't meet the new requirement, or it could be the board just put that out to limit the number of applications. a few years ago they told NRC don't sent anyone with a GPA less than X.XX to limit applications.

There is no waiver for OAR, there isn't even a process for it, it was probably an email asking for clarification from NRC.

Asilvia22

I figured. Like I said I'm happy to retake because I know my score was low so I'll keep studying and hopefully I'll score higher.

IWhopeful

How long is the OAR good for? I got a good score about a year ago, didn't make the cut last year and would like to reapply in the near future. Thanks in advance!

ferris

Hey could PM me. I am suppose to take the OAR tomrrow. For the past months a half everyday for about 3 to 4 hours I have been studying the officer candidate test for dummies book as well as barron's military flight aptitude testing Guide and various online sites. Would like to know what type of questions they asked and if I should push my date back.

So ,
I m 35 yo , decided to enlist and I did , with a ship-date in November ...
although my recruiters thought with my credentials ( college and work ) to get me to go as an officer ...
So I took my OAR test ( vs ASTB it only has Math , verbal and mechanical comprehension ) which is way harder to score due to the lesser amounts of questions vs the ASTB
I scored 48 , and they want me to get over 50 , so I m taking it again on Sept as a final hope , everything depends on that coming Sept. score .
my problems are not the Math as I always finished the questions with more time left and had very less trouble with , so as the verbal ...
my real problem is the mechanical . 30 Qs , in 15 mins , which I always run out of time , yet studied from your gouges , OAR guide and the Master the ASTB book , and though I covered everything . but I didn't , as a lot of questions were very challenging and out of what them books covered , in subjects as Gravity , electrical , thermal and pulleys system .
anyone can help me find a perfect study guide so I ace this test ...
I m a fairly smart individual , but most of these stuff I studied in high school which was way way back ...
I really appreciate any help or advice , my future depends on this coming test ..

thanks
Matt