• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OAR Scores

JessV86

I took my test yesterday and I got a low score of 37. However, while taking the test the internet went out during the math portion I was half way the questions with 18:32 min left on the clock. By the time I was back on line and back to the test I answered one question and ran out of time in less than a minute.I was told by recruiter that I need at leat a 40 for Information Professional or SWI. My questions are, is there anything to do about my test running out of time because the internet went down and could I still apply and maybe have a shot for IP or SWI if My GPA is 3.4 BS Naval Science and Computer Science, OAR 37,Currently an E4 in the Coast Guard Reserve and fulltime government employee, actively involved in community.Thank you

exNavyOffRec

I took my test yesterday and I got a low score of 37. However, while taking the test the internet went out during the math portion I was half way the questions with 18:32 min left on the clock. By the time I was back on line and back to the test I answered one question and ran out of time in less than a minute.I was told by recruiter that I need at leat a 40 for Information Professional or SWI. My questions are, is there anything to do about my test running out of time because the internet went down and could I still apply and maybe have a shot for IP or SWI if My GPA is 3.4 BS Naval Science and Computer Science, OAR 37,Currently an E4 in the Coast Guard Reserve and fulltime government employee, actively involved in community.Thank you

I had to deal with the internet going out on candidates before, when there is a disconnect everything stops, the new test is adaptive so my understanding when we were briefed on it is that once it determines you have "hit the ceiling" on the questions it moves on, so a person that is slow and continually does better on the questions may run out of time, a person that goes quickly and hits that plateau fast will not.

what is SWI or did you mean SWO?

JessV86

SWI is similar to SWO with the option of going Intelligence or in my case Information prossional. At least that was what I was told.

exNavyOffRec

SWI is similar to SWO with the option of going Intelligence or in my case Information prossional. At least that was what I was told.

That is not correct there is no SWI, there is SWO-IP and SWO-IW, SWO-Intel has had no quota for years, and the other 2 generally have about 10 billets per FY. if you are not doing something in the intelligence field in the USCG then you are at a disadvantage as the IDC field prefers those that are AD and a background in the IDC field.

IP itself generally has only a few billets per FY, the overall acceptance rate for IDC is less than 10%, if you desire to be an officer look at all options that you are qualified for as far as age and test scores.

to put in in perspective the 3 designators you listed amount to less than 20 per FY out of about 1000 that go to OCS each year.