• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OAR Preparation

Nicholas Blaylock

Determined to be successful
Good afternoon everyone. I am taking my second attempt for the OAR in December, and I previouslyscored a 27 in my last attempt which embarrassing. I didn't get discouraged because I know and will do better next time. I received a BA in Management with a 3.2 GPA, so I know I'm capable. Im 27, and graduated college in 2014 so the material on the test was a shock because I haven't seen any of it since high school and college. With any help towards preparation that would be dearly appreciated. Thank you all and have a blessed day.

I suggest you take a look at the ASTB sub forum here even if you are only looking to prep for the OAR portion. There is a lot of good info there, both in terms of what books are best for improving different areas as well as gauge compiled by forum members. I personally found this thread most useful (starting about halfway through) but YMMV. Good luck!

Intel101

Ready too see my dream come a reality
Good afternoon everyone. I am taking my second attempt for the OAR in December, and I previouslyscored a 27 in my last attempt which embarrassing. I didn't get discouraged because I know and will do better next time. I received a BA in Management with a 3.2 GPA, so I know I'm capable. Im 27, and graduated college in 2014 so the material on the test was a shock because I haven't seen any of it since high school and college. With any help towards preparation that would be dearly appreciated. Thank you all and have a blessed day.
Good on you for not becoming discouraged. Go to the link @InitialOCS provided and you will find some good stuff on there. If you diligently go through the threads I can gurantee you will find two-three questions (or more) similar to the test. With the score you earned it looks like you did no studying at all. Make sure you prepare and only take when ready. You got it.

Nicholas Blaylock

Good on you for not becoming discouraged. Go to the link @InitialOCS provided and you will find some good stuff on there. If you diligently go through the threads I can gurantee you will find two-three questions (or more) similar to the test. With the score you earned it looks like you did no studying at all. Make sure you prepare and only take when ready. You got it.
You might want to brush up on your grammar a bit also . . .
Yes sir.

Nicholas Blaylock

I had 3 weeks to study for the test because I was trying finish my package before the supply board. I crammed and that definitely played a roll with my low score, I will definitely do better next time. Thank you!

Nicholas Blaylock

I suggest you take a look at the ASTB sub forum here even if you are only looking to prep for the OAR portion. There is a lot of good info there, both in terms of what books are best for improving different areas as well as gauge compiled by forum members. I personally found this thread most useful (starting about halfway through) but YMMV. Good luck!
Thank you for the information!