• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oakley Military and Government Sales

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Despite what search says, Webmaster posted this a few years ago. I have no idea where the thread went, so this is a good redo. I'm litterally about the pull the trigger on some perscription sunglasses from this website. One caveat...make sure your perscription fits w/in what they can make.

P3 F0

None
Not sure how I missed webmaster's thread back then, but thanks for the find. I'll definitely check it out.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the reminder, I've been meaning to do this forever, but didn't have a Fax machine to fax a copy of my ID card to them. They've now got an image upload so you can scan it and send it with a way faster turn around time.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
This is awesome, I'm going to have to buy a new pair shorty. I currently have a polarized pair. I guess you have to have non-polarized in the cockpit?

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Got mine 2 weeks ago! Took approx 2 weeks from the point I uploaded my ID to receipt of my sunglasses...definitely a great deal! I even went into an Oakley store in the mall and tried on glasses until I found the one's I wanted, so I could order them off the web.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
You can send your ID via e-mail, too.

Bought my last 2 pairs of sunglasses from them and have no complaints.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
This is awesome, I'm going to have to buy a new pair shorty. I currently have a polarized pair. I guess you have to have non-polarized in the cockpit?

I think most of the new civilian avionics screens are compatible with polarized lenses. Not sure about military. Either way they reduce the flash from other A/C... making 'see and avoid' harder.

KBayDog

I think most of the new civilian avionics screens are compatible with polarized lenses. Not sure about military.

I think they'll be compatible with the Phrog's avionics screens:

Turnercar7.jpg

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I bought some ballistic glasses from them seeing as how the issued ones we get at TBS are opaque with scratches and Supply tells us that they are still serviceable.... I like them, they seem to fight the fogging pretty well and they are optically correct, so no headaches after wearing them for 8+ hours at a time in the field.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I think most of the new civilian avionics screens are compatible with polarized lenses. Not sure about military. Either way they reduce the flash from other A/C... making 'see and avoid' harder.

It was never really the avionics that ruined my polarized Oakley's for me, it was the stress patterns on the canopy/windscreen.

MasterBates

I never had a problem with polarized lenses in the 34/44/45 or the 60B, but the gold plated windows in the E-2 wreak havoc with my polarized lenses.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I never had a problem with polarized lenses in the 34/44/45 or the 60B, but the gold plated windows in the E-2 wreak havoc with my polarized lenses.

Maybe I'll try my polarized glasses in the 44 before I go out and buy news one then.

jfulginiti

pilot
None
Thanks for the reminder, I've been meaning to do this forever, but didn't have a Fax machine to fax a copy of my ID card to them. They've now got an image upload so you can scan it and send it with a way faster turn around time.

That's what I did.... scanned my ID and sent it electronically.