• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

O4 Selection Board expanding zones?

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Has any other community noticed the expansion of promotion zones for the upcoming O4 board? The junior below-zone just pinned O3 a few months ago and is now actually getting a look at O4? I would have though an O3 would have been in rank for at least another 3-4 years before getting their first look. Historically, they never selected anyone below-zone (going back as far as 2017), but on a recent PRODEV call they noted 10% would be below-zone. It was also said this was being done to align with the AC community, not sure how that plays into things.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
On the AD side, they've made an effort to align SGs to YGs. Relatively little group movement this year in our community. YMMV

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
That does seem early, but does a below zone look even really matter? I think I was below zone twice with the way my timing worked out and how the zones shifted around.

P3 F0

None
That does seem early, but does a below zone look even really matter? I think I was below zone twice with the way my timing worked out and how the zones shifted around.
Maybe I've been out for too long, but it could matter. Command would need to make a decision on how to mark the upcoming fitter (granted, it's probably an easy decision, but, still, a decision nonetheless, as making him competitive would likely mean jacking up the general slate). Although maybe Boards don't expect an EP in a below look?

ABMD

It matters when they said they would select 10% from below zone and not a word was mentioned prior to this week. Everyone I've talked to has records issues and that seems to be the biggest hurtle we are all facing (3 months out and they pull records 45 days before boards and we all know PERS operates as fast as a my old dial-up modem). I've spoken to my community manager and are going through the process to at least get my record as current as possible, anything else will just be a letter to the board.

ABMD

If they're aligning it with AC, it's probably "a number not to exceed 10% of total selections" can be below zone, not 10% of below zone will be selected or 10% of selections will be below zone. FY 22 RC was "no BZ promotions above JG".

Page 2: https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Portals/55/Boards/Active Duty Officer/documents/FY22_Promotion_Board_Materials/FY22_AO4L_PSB_CONVENING ORDER.pdf
Yeah, I read that too, but what I and others heard on the phone was they would be selecting 10%. Maybe they misspoke. We'll find out in April!?

SELRES_AMDO

Someone in my community is getting a BZ look this year for O-5 and he pinned O-4 in FY21. So screened for O-4 on the FY21 O-4 board and now getting a BZ look on the FY23 O-5 board. Interesting.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
I'm projecting an IZ O-6 look in 25 (FY26 board) after pinning O-5 in Sep 21. I'm an AEDO. It seems the non-URL communities are hurting for field grades.