• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

O1e?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kohlmeyerdp

Does the 10 weeks at Marine Corps OCS count toward enlisted service? If so, if I attended OCS with 3 years and 11 months going in, I'd be paid as an O1E upon commissioning (because of 4 years and 1 day of enlisted service)?

usmcwife3

If I can recall correctly your time at OCS does not count as prior enlistment. When my husband was commissioned he was paid the O-1 rate and also did not start receiving pay until he arrived at TBS. I think you are considered inactive reserves until you start TBS.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
usmcwife3 said:
If I can recall correctly your time at OCS does not count as prior enlistment. When my husband was commissioned he was paid the O-1 rate and also did not start receiving pay until he arrived at TBS. I think you are considered inactive reserves until you start TBS.

Was your husband prior enlisted? They pay you E-5 at OCS, and if he wasn't, then naturally, he's not going to get O-1E. For instance, I hit my 2 year mark this september (when I started OCS) but won't pick up O-2 until December.

dvl_dog_2531_90

I'm sorry, I'm a little confused by this. What about the majority of us who do 4 full years, get out and then come back? Technically I only have 4 years, 0 days. Would I get O1E?

kohlmeyerdp

That's basically what I'm asking. The 10 weeks at OCS while you're paid E-5 should put you over the "4 years and 1 day" mark so you get O1-E upon graduation. Does anyone know for sure?

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
dvl_dog_2531_90 said:
I'm sorry, I'm a little confused by this. What about the majority of us who do 4 full years, get out and then come back? Technically I only have 4 years, 0 days. Would I get O1E?

Yes, I was in the same boat.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
kohlmeyerdp said:
That's basically what I'm asking. The 10 weeks at OCS while you're paid E-5 should put you over the "4 years and 1 day" mark so you get O1-E upon graduation. Does anyone know for sure?

YES, at OCS you'll get paid as an E-5 (if you're a prior you count your years) so E-5 over 8, or whatever. As soon as you commission, you'll be an 0-1E over 8. Make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.