• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

O.C.S. Check In

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAKearney

My flight to O.C.S. arrives at 2045 the night before the check-in. The admin lady at my recruiter said to check in and get my orders stamped that night. Does anyone know if i will be able to check in that late. I have learned to not fully rely on all information that my home recruiting office has given me. Any help would be greatly appreciated

BAK

bigmikenjax

Yes, you will be able to check in at that time. One thing you will learn in the Navy is there is someone always working or on duty to take care of whatever it may be. Mike

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
If you're able to get them stamped that day by 11:59pm I think the Navy will give you either per diem or some other sort of cash that you won't get if you get it stamped the next day.

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
Darn it, I wish I knew I couldn't check in early. I checked in that friday and they still told me to go away and come back on sunday. You can show up and get your orders stamped to stop your leave time if need be as long as it is not before your report no earlier than date. Its not mandatory, but you can do it. It will also depend on exactly what you orders state as your report no later than date. Its just one less thing to do the day you show up and will give you the opportunity to look around a little before you have to develop the 1000 yard stare and can't eyeball the senior class.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Just tell the candios that they are a bunch of lame Marine wannabes. Also take note that the ones doing all of the yelling are candidate ensigns. Maybe a candidate Lt Jg. Oh yeah, dont forget that the candios are more senior than you and because they started OCS 11 weeks before you that you must obey!

Dave

grouch

Dave, I heard that you were a "little late" for your check in you nasty prior you. I have it on good authority that this is more than true. Hehehe.

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
Yep,

I did not play their silly little games on Sunday. I strolled in at about 8:30pm (I was on my time not military time yet) then at 2100 I had a bunch of mad candios telling me that I was supposed to check in by noon. Well...my orders said no later than 2400. So, I was actually 3 and a half hours early. This baffled the salty, 11 weeks on active duty, candidate officers. My whole idea on being a candio is that yes youhave a job to do but, you dont have to be an ass to do it. Esp. the guys who have been in the military a whole zero three months. And thats the rest of the story...

Dave

akeys

Well Dave, I must say that you must have an iron pair to do that, unless you honestly wasn't informed and didn't know any better. I was thinking about doing the same thing but don't want to become a target and bring on any extra stress.

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
I had some friend at ocs at the time, so I knew that I should have been there by noon. However, I would rather have one less day of the ocs bs and enjoy the beach and a good steak dinner. Well worth the verbal abuse from a bunch of candios without a clue. It was realllllyy great watching the veins in their necks popping out while they tried to be DI'ish. Another benefit is that everyone knows who you are. I liked the extra attention from the candio's and the DI's.

Dave

shdostel

OOOPS....yes you can. Bldg 624 at the front quarterdeck. The Ensign behind the desk will stamp you in.

CJK

grouch

That's good to hear Dave, makes me wonder if the other stories I heard are true? A rabbit and a hummer??? Hehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.