• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

O-1 Intel Assignments

twice

I have searched this site and cannot find what Im looking for. I know Intel newbies go to squadrons or carriers but I want to know where these assignments would be i.e. are most carriers/squadrons in CA or VA. Could a new Officer end up overseas? Can anyone help me with this? I want to know where I might go first.

Thank you

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
twice said:
I have searched this site and cannot find what Im looking for. I know Intel newbies go to squadrons or carriers but I want to know where these assignments would be i.e. are most carriers/squadrons in CA or VA. Could a new Officer end up overseas? Can anyone help me with this? I want to know where I might go first.

Thank you
Think anywhere there are squadrons or carriers. There's really no way to predict. West coast: San Diego, Lemoore, Puget Sound. East Coast: Jacksonville, NORVA area, Brunswick. Then you have Japan and Hawaii as well. I'm probably leaving someone out, but that's a good start.

Brett

SpiderUSMC

RetreadRand said:
There were some ensign INTEL bubbas at the JAC in Molesworth, England, and some in Germany...any combatant command HQ may have some intel jobs available, but I am not positive if you could get one as an ensign

Were you at the JAC? My father (and the rest of the family) was there from '95-'97. Great duty station.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Barnard1425 said:
I´ve read that Navy JO´s who actually want to live abroad (Japan, Bahrain, Naples, etc.) usually are given the opportunity to do so, if only because there are so many people who want to remain in the states. Is this true for the O-1 intel assigments? If someboday (oh, I don´t know, ME) really wanted to pick up a billet with an overseas squadron or fleet headquarters could he realistically pursue this goal with a detailer? Or is it just too random of a process at the O-1 level for this sort of matching to occur?

You could probably push for it while at intel school, but for a smaller restricted line community, it'd be tougher to get. Let's say you wanted to go to a squadron in Japan, well, there's only one intel officer per squadron, so you better hope one of them is leaving when you're finishing up intel school. It's easier for the bigger communities (pilot, NFO, SWO), a lot tougher for the smaller ones because of the one-in, one-out type of staffing.