• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NWC Online JPME 1

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I did some searching, but didn't see anything specifically about the NWC online JPME 1 program. I was accepted and start in a few months, just wanted to hear others thoughts that did the online program, not the JPME/Master's Fleet Seminar program.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I did some searching, but didn't see anything specifically about the NWC online JPME 1 program. I was accepted and start in a few months, just wanted to hear others thoughts that did the online program, not the JPME/Master's Fleet Seminar program.

If no one responds here suggest you ask some senior officers either in your unit or NRC, odds are there's a few that did.

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
It is a lot of writing in the beginning. Hang in there. Most people that drop do it in the first couple weeks.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
If no one responds here suggest you ask some senior officers either in your unit or NRC, odds are there's a few that did.
I tried that, but unfortunately they all did the AF version or did the Fleet Seminar program/Master Degree route. I was specifically looking for feedback on the Navy WC Online program.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I tried that, but unfortunately they all did the AF version or did the Fleet Seminar program/Master Degree route. I was specifically looking for feedback on the Navy WC Online program.
I know someone who did it. Said it was managable. Do you already have a master’s degree? Did you have specific questions?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

If that’s the case why not do the Air Force program? lol

gparks1989

pilot
Contributor
I'm about 2/3 of the way through JPME 1. My experience is a bit skewed because I've been doing it at the same time as an in-person, full-time master's degree. That provides far more educational benefit than JPME 1. I've admittedly mailed it in, but you can easily knock out weekly requirements in under an hour per week. The whole experience feels pretty performative and the readings aren't all that interesting. But it checks a box.

While I have no experience, I feel like best JPME is done in-residence at the Naval War College. All else is a box-checking exercise.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I haven’t bothered to look yet - can one do the JPME I all online, then after, get a master’s via Fleet Seminar? Or do you have to be in Fleet Seminar the whole time?

My info is a bit dated, IIRC, I spent about two hours a night on the stuff, unless there was a paper or project that would be about 8-12 more hours per week. There were group sessions…weekly?, but mostly it was on my own time.

I was working and had young kids (not drilling at the time) and it was a lot of work to get an A-. For the final module, I didn’t care for the professor or subject, family and work life picked up, and I did pretty lousy. Didn’t finish all the reading, missed a few group sessions, and wrote my final on info/scenario that had changed two weeks earlier. I felt horrible, and thought I’d fail or should quit.

For me at least, I learned I could work really hard to get an A, but it was pretty tough to get a C (I got a B- on that bad session).

croakerfish

pilot
I did it in 2022 and it was a lot of work. It sounds like the expectation varies a lot depending on which professor you have. If I had to do it again I’d absolutely do the Air Force one.