• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NW DC-9 v Tug @ MSP

snizo

Supply Officer
Oops...

(WCCO) Minneapolis A Northwest Airlines DC-9 aircraft was damaged when it was struck by the tug vehicle pulling it, according to airline authorities.

According to an NWA spokesperson, the tug came loose and slid underneath the plane, sending the nose of the aircraft into the air and damaging it "significantly."

No major injuries.

Picture (Am I allowed to put the picture directly in here?)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
1171294ym7.jpg

snizo

Supply Officer
Sure did a number on the bottom of the plane....could be one way to get those DC-9's moving out ;)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I saw a guy do that once with a DC-10 and a ramp pickup truck ... it was like the truck was a piece of wadded up paper after the Diesel-10 drove over it. :)

snizo

Supply Officer
DC10 even feel it?

How about this one - no collision, though....well, except with the ground :)

aircanada.jpg

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Someone on the ground might want to rework the weight and balance on that bad boy.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
DC10 even feel it? ....How about this one -

They never felt it ... which is kind of surprising, as I've hit a baggage cocoon with an engine pod on the 747:eek: .... I "felt" it ... :)

The picture of the Canadian standing on it's tail happens more than you think ... especially on freighters ... normally the FIRST thing the ground personnel do on freighter arrival is put a jackstand under the tail ASAP ... later is too late.

nwcargonrtrd1.jpg

snizo

Supply Officer
Doesn't really look like a freighter, though ....

I just chalked it up to "its Air Canada, and this happened in France" and let it rest there.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Doesn't really look like a freighter, though ........
Naaa, it's not. It's the FIRST tailstand I've ever seen on a passenger bird but I've heard of them ... again, many times more "common" on freighters. All the times I've seen it were in the Orient with the singular exception of LAX ....