• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NSI/BOOST Start Date

erelislt

Can anyone here, who was selected in previous year, tell me when (what month) did they report to BOOST or NSI? Let's say right now is October (result month) and how long did it take for you to report to BOOST or NSI? When did you finish BOOST/NSI? When did you start college? This information would REALLY help us new selectees to have a better understanding of the schedule. Thanks!

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Can anyone here, who was selected in previous year, tell me when (what month) did they report to BOOST or NSI? Let's say right now is October (result month) and how long did it take for you to report to BOOST or NSI? When did you finish BOOST/NSI? When did you start college? This information would REALLY help us new selectees to have a better understanding of the schedule. Thanks!

While I can't speak from experience, obviously, my ESO told me that NSI starts classing up in late March and continues starting new classes thru early May. So figure that if you don't go to BOOST first, you'll probably be done with NSI in time to start college in the fall...

erelislt

While I can't speak from experience, obviously, my ESO told me that NSI starts classing up in late March and continues starting new classes thru early May. So figure that if you don't go to BOOST first, you'll probably be done with NSI in time to start college in the fall...

What about the summer semester?

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
I started BOOST in AUG finished in FEB and started NSI. I finished NSI in April, and started college in the May summer semester. Starting college in summer is cool, because it is a little more laxed. The MIDN are either on cruise or summer break, and you get to find out a little bit about the unit at your own pace.

erelislt

I started BOOST in AUG finished in FEB and started NSI. I finished NSI in April, and started college in the May summer semester. Starting college in summer is cool, because it is a little more laxed. The MIDN are either on cruise or summer break, and you get to find out a little bit about the unit at your own pace.

Started BOOST in August??? Just want to make sure you meant August because that is almost a year away. :)

OneBadSSS

Started BOOST in August??? Just want to make sure you meant August because that is almost a year away. :)

Yeah, I don't follow the logic behind that delay either! I would hope that the Navy would put the older guys (25+ like me) at the "head of the line" so to speak and class us up in the first BOOST and NSI classes next year to ensure we arrive at college in time to get our degrees knocked out before we're over our age limits!

That brings up another concern for me, because I'm already accepted to ODU for the Fall of '08 (which was originally for this fall and I deferred for a year) and if I have to go to BOOST or get sent to NSI in the summer then I'm going to have to reapply!!

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
I can't remember exact dates, but I started Boost in mid-Feb, moved to the NSI side of the house late-may, left the geese behind at the end of July.
NSI classes start at the same time in Feb but end in late Apr or early May. After boost, you join the new NSI cats coming in for the start of the June round.

OneBadSSS

I can't remember exact dates, but I started Boost in mid-Feb, moved to the NSI side of the house late-may, left the geese behind at the end of July.
NSI classes start at the same time in Feb but end in late Apr or early May. After boost, you join the new NSI cats coming in for the start of the June round.

Now see that sounds more like it!! I hope that if I do get BOOST (which would be great!) that I get sent in Febuary like you did Spot and then follow up with NSI from June to July/August and then right into college in the Fall...

erelislt

So you started college in Fall?

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
I started 6 month BOOST in August. I was 25, and they didn't care too much about what I wanted or thought would be more logical. They wait until there are enough people to class up, and put you through. There were also people picked up in my cycle who started NSI right away. It just depends on their magic formula to class people up. It probably makes more sense to them than it will to you. Good luck, and don't blow an artery stressin yourselves out before you get there.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I don't follow the logic behind that delay either! I would hope that the Navy would put the older guys (25+ like me) at the "head of the line" so to speak and class us up in the first BOOST and NSI classes next year to ensure we arrive at college in time to get our degrees knocked out before we're over our age limits!

That brings up another concern for me, because I'm already accepted to ODU for the Fall of '08 (which was originally for this fall and I deferred for a year) and if I have to go to BOOST or get sent to NSI in the summer then I'm going to have to reapply!!

25 isn't old

OneBadSSS

I started 6 month BOOST in August. I was 25, and they didn't care too much about what I wanted or thought would be more logical. They wait until there are enough people to class up, and put you through.

That's rediculous!

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
left the geese behind at the end of July.

:D:D:D

That is hillarious! You'll find out.

BTW...I started API at the end of January and finished with about a month off before summer semester...

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
:D:D:D

That is hillarious! You'll find out.

BTW...I started API at the end of January and finished with about a month off before summer semester...

So they let you go to API before college? That must be some new excellerated program eh?