• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC w/o the Scholarship

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was interested in the NROTC route. I could not seem to find an instruction on the NROTC route. The OPNAVINST 1420.1A only has NROTC schools, nothing about NROTC (the program itself). The other post on the other forum was for OCS and any other program (other than ROTC).. Does anyone know the instruction number or do you just have to contact the schools ROTC Program itself and find out?? Thanks for the help.

Factory

Check out https://www.nrotc.navy.mil

-ea6bflyr ;)

LT Dan

What happens if you don't get a scholarship for NROTC ? What are your options ? How do you sign up and what questions should I ask the navy LT's?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What happens if you don't get a scholarship for NROTC ? What are your options ? How do you sign up and what questions should I ask the navy LT's?

This too has been covered in multiple threads (the search engine is your friend), but, you would join as a College Program student and vie for a 2-3 year scholarship. Talk to the NROTC unit's officer recruiter.

-ea6bflyr ;)

I applied for the 4 year scholarship for this coming fall, but was denied. I didn't really expect to get it. I stopped playing sports after sophomore year, because I felt obligated to get a job to ease some of my parents' financial stresses. But I stay active, work out, run, etc. I contacted the NROTC unit at the school I will be starting, and I'll be working very hard from a fresh start. Sounds pretty good to me.

Remember, NROTC isn't about the money. It's about the desire and the heart to be a leader--an officer. For whatever reasons you decide you want to be an officer (mine is because I have dreamt of being a Naval Aviator since I was very young) keep your sights on your goals. I know where I want to be and I'm going to be busting ass to prove myself and get that scholarship.

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Good luck to ya bud, Keep that attitude and you will succeed.

I am still in limbo with the fate of mine

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
I applied for a 4 year and got denied. Back in Spring '91, I took first quarter Eng Calculus, first Eng Physics and ROTC... Light load got me A's in all three and a 3 year scholarship during the summer board. Took 5th year benefits, light loaded the last year, had the time of my life and graduated with a 3.2 in Aero Eng and headed off to flight school.

Showing concerted effort, motivation and interest without getting paid for it your first year while maxing out your grades will maximize your chances for a scholarship. Manage your course load accordingly young grasshoppa.;)

torpedo0126

and the best part of busting your ass to pick up a 3 year scholarship is you will still get to attend CORTRAMID. If you opt not to, you are a retard.