• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Vegetarian

Status
Not open for further replies.

NATHAN4748

Hey there, I've tried doing some research and I can't find much. I've been raised a vegetarian and want to maintain this lifestyle for I feel it is healthier. When I start NROTC in August is there going to be an issue with this vegetarian lifestyle? Or is there any point while signing up for NROTC that you tell the LT or CO, or whoever I deal with, that I am? From what I understand when enlisting you can tell the recruiter you are and it helps you during basic training. So I guess I'm asking if there is a similar process for NROTC.

By the way, I have never in my life eaten meat. I am not scrawny though, I workout and take no supplements and am 5' 11' 195 lbs. So I don't think they'd want to make me to start eating meat for the protein to beef up, you know? I want to be a Naval Officer more than be a vegetarian so I guess I could try my first bit of meat but I'd prefer not to if possible.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

phrogpilot73

Any help or tips would be appreciated.
I deployed with someone who was a vegetarian, and she lost a ton of weight on the ship - I would say because it's not easy to maintain that kind of diet on the ship. Just food for thought.

What zab said is true. No one will care.

If you do decide to try meat, start with Bacon. It's the gateway protein.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I deployed with someone who was a vegetarian, and she lost a ton of weight on the ship - I would say because it's not easy to maintain that kind of diet on the ship. Just food for thought.

What zab said is true. No one will care.

If you do decide to try meat, start with Bacon. It's the gateway protein.

Just FYI, the thread was locked yesterday. XenForo strikes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.