• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatFarmer35

I just wanted to know exactly which uniforms are issued to NROTC midshipmen. I've heard a lot of differnet answers but I just wanted to know from people who are in NROTC. Also, do NROTC midshipmen with the Marine Option ever wear a USMC uniform after they complete OCS in the summer?

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
PhatFarmer35 said:
I just wanted to know exactly which uniforms are issued to NROTC midshipmen. I've heard a lot of differnet answers but I just wanted to know from people who are in NROTC. Also, do NROTC midshipmen with the Marine Option ever wear a USMC uniform after they complete OCS in the summer?

I will answer along the lines of what my unit does. For most of the year, all the mids are in khakis. They are almost the same for both branches. The difference is that Marine Options have a different belt and EGA collar insignia vice anchors. In service dress blue, the uniforms are virtually identical except that Marine Options have EGA's on their lapels, Navy options have anchors. Marine options do not wear a USMC after OCS. The only people in the unit that wear USMC uniforms are the MOI, AMOI, and the MECEPS.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
You'll get summer whites, khakis, and Service Dress Blues to start out. When you go on your second class cruise you get coveralls and dungerees if Navy. Marines get BDUs. At my unit, the Marines wore their uniforms after completing OCS but without the 2LT bars. Before that they wore Navy uniforms with the EGA instead of the fouled anchor. If Navy, you get choker whites your 1/C year. Each unit is different so I'd check with the unit recruiting officer or a current mid.

Crowbar

None
Red2 said:
You'll get summer whites, khakis, and Service Dress Blues to start out. When you go on your second class cruise you get coveralls and dungerees if Navy. Marines get BDUs. At my unit, the Marines wore their uniforms after completing OCS but without the 2LT bars. Before that they wore Navy uniforms with the EGA instead of the fouled anchor. If Navy, you get choker whites your 1/C year. Each unit is different so I'd check with the unit recruiting officer or a current mid.

1) What self respecting NROTC unit refers to cammies/utilities as BDU's?

2) When you say they wore their uniforms before commissioning, I assume you mean the utility uniform. Not the dress/service uniforms (i.e. Charlies) that a Marine officer would wear, right?

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
1) Our Master Sergeant called them BDUs. Maybe because they were the old style and not the digital kind.

2) They wore the Khaki shirt and green pants. Since I'm not a Marine I don't know the designations.

jagges84

Semper Gumby "Always Flexible"
Red2 said:
2) They wore the Khaki shirt and green pants. Since I'm not a Marine I don't know the designations.

WHATTTT?????

I hope we get to do that....The only Marine Options that have been to OCS yet were the MECEPS
Is that the norm around the country, if so, someone needs to tell my MOI :D

I know we will wear cammies w/nametapes, but other uniforms....wow

Crowbar

None
Your Master Sergeant called them BDU's? Wow. I've never heard them called anything other than cammies or utilities by Marines.

And as for the uniform thing, all I can say is, "Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick". Whoever approved that needs to be kicked in the balls...to death.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
jagges84 said:
WHATTTT?????

I hope we get to do that....The only Marine Options that have been to OCS yet were the MECEPS
Is that the norm around the country, if so, someone needs to tell my MOI :D

I know we will wear cammies w/nametapes, but other uniforms....wow

You hope you get to wear a uniform you haven't earned yet?

WannaBEaP3gal

Always make nice w/ the SKC!!! When we got our new ROTC unit here, I helped the Chief organize his stuff for like 2 hrs, no big deal, but whenever I need anything now, he'll totally hook me up! Oh, and always make nice w/ ADMIN too!!!

jagges84

Semper Gumby "Always Flexible"
squeeze said:
You hope you get to wear a uniform you haven't earned yet?

Tru, your right, I feel funny just wearing the Eagle Globe Anchor, at Boot camp, the enlisted EARN thiers, Midn just put it on.
Its not that I want to wear a Uniform I never earned, I just dont want to wear Navy Uni's anymore :D.

So hear is MY question, when do you think that the title of Marine is earned:

After OCS ( I know some units refer to them as Marines, cuz you get nametapes and in some cases get to wear charlies)
At commissioning
After TBS

Personally, I believe that I wont REALLY earn the TITLE until after TBS. Yes we did go to OCS and do NROTC and COLLEGE, but we really havent learned to be MARINES. They dont even do weapons firing at OCS. They teach you to be Marines at TBS. Yes TECHNICALLY, at commissioning we are 2nd LT in the Marine Corps. For those of you Marine officers, how did you look at it???
Thanks for your input

Jagges

Status
Not open for further replies.