• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Uniforms

Stick

pilot
Yeah too bad everyone that was in the chain leading up to this LT who kept putting out this ridiculous notion of wearing anchors was an OC.

At first it seemed as I had them onboard but they all kept wanting to revert back to this "Well they taught us to do it at NSI." Which is BS I can't stand it when people do something just because they were told it should be that way or that is the way it's always been done.

It's readily apparent though that NSI is done completely different each and every year.

NSI was all jacked up because of how we were told the anchors were supposed to be on the collar of khakis. When I showed the regs to those who were giving out bad info I was told that there were multiple interpretations and theirs was correct. Then when I showed them the picture with the 1 inch marks I was told the drawing was wrong. Take that how you wish.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Try being a Marine Option and wearing the eagle, globe, and anchor I found out later not to use the term, "EGA") instead of the anchors. Even more of an odd look. Then there was the having to modify the shoulderboards on the whites with Marine insignia, too.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
At first it seemed as I had them onboard but they all kept wanting to revert back to this "Well they taught us to do it at NSI." Which is BS I can't stand it when people do something just because they were told it should be that way or that is the way it's always been done.
I always get a kick out of people making up rules for no reason. At OCS, our DI let us drink juice w/ breakfast in the morning. A few days later, some of the guys started bitching that it was supposed to be OJ only and got their panties in a bunch that some of us had another type of juice.

But it doesn't stop there...some people started spreading a rumor that there was a 2 or 3 drink limit at our upcoming party for our nuke school class.

Gotta love it.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Try being a Marine Option and wearing the eagle, globe, and anchor I found out later not to use the term, "EGA") instead of the anchors. Even more of an odd look. Then there was the having to modify the shoulderboards on the whites with Marine insignia, too.

You had to modify your shoulder boards? All MO shoulder boards I've ever seen have been made with the EGA on them. Did you unit not buy them and force you to remove the anchors and replace them with EGAs or something?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
You had to modify your shoulder boards? All MO shoulder boards I've ever seen have been made with the EGA on them. Did you unit not buy them and force you to remove the anchors and replace them with EGAs or something?

"EGA?" Uggh! Shall we call the midshipman anchors the Anchor Shoulder Subassembly, with appropriate acronym?

But yes, being a small band of Marine Options, we carefully removed the little anchors on the shoulder boards and screwed in the eagle, globe, and anchor insignia. For all I know, our batch is still in service, but we did have to generate our own. If one was a midshipman officer, he kept the star, though.