• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Uniform stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagges84

Semper Gumby "Always Flexible"
Does anyone know where we can buy Midshipman uniform stuff. I am looking for two items 1. soft shoulder board 3/c MARINE OPTION, and the patch for 3/c mids for SDBs ( i think 1 stripe). Is there a website that sells them, does the NEX online sell them? (I dont have ID yet).

Thanks

pjxc415

pilot
what unit are you at? they should have it at supply. definitely shouldn't have to buy that stuff.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
As a mid you can buy Navy uniform items... that being said I don't think you will find any place that sells Midi insignia. Talk to your SKC or Battalion supply officer. Don't spend your own money on crap like that.

jagges84

The reason I havent asked is because our unit has not issued SDBs to anyone at all. Our unit is only 3 years old. I personally own a set, I want to fix up, so I can wear on a few occassions. I didnt ask, because it is not an issued item yet. Its not really that big of a deal, I will ask if he has any, just didnt want to make a fuss about it.

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
For SDBs, the MIDN 3/C insignia is a single stripe. You can buy the gold braid at the NEX and get it sewn on if you really need to. I just got the stripe/line officer star sewn onto the sleeve of my SDBs in preparation for commissioning. 20 freaking dollars!!! That's not even taking into account the hemming on the pants/jacket, which is another 20 dollars. Personally, if I were a young poverty-stricken mid (and I am, for another two weeks) I would get my unit to pay for these types of things while I still could, and not spend a lot of money on buying my own uniform items.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Slow down there turbo, lets make sure jagges knows the difference between the MIDN stripe (way thin gold braid) and the Officer stripe that is available at NEX and online (thick gold braid). It would be a b!tch if he went and bought a basic ENS kit and walked into his unit like that.

Jagges, go talk to the SKC. He/she should be able to hook you up. That's what they're there for (well, that and a degree I guess).

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Trunk Monkey, are you academy? If so, your SDB insignia are different than NROTC insignia.

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
No, ROTC. And yes, you're right, it's a thin stripe, I should have been more clear. I've never worn any insignia on them at all, but according to the uniform regs on line its supposed to have stripes. I will now change my answer to the more simple: do not do anything crazy to your uniforms without checking with someone and making sure they're supposed to be that way first. :icon_mi_1 And BTW, to the original poster, when do you plan on wearing your SDBs if no one else in your unit has them? I don't mean that in a hostile way at all, but now you've got me wondering...

jagges84

Well its really not that big of a deal, I was just wondering if there was an external place to buy Midn stuff, we dont have a big supply shop now, we just got our first Supply Chief, the supply chit system is crap. I just wanted to know if there was some place to buy stuff. Not only SDB stuff, but everthing. Cuz I know myself and plenty of other people who have screwed their uniform up or lost something and dishing out 20 bucks on your own sometime is better than dealing with the staff.

As far as wearing SDBs, I have been invited to military stuff external to the unit plus I am involved with OCF (officer Christian Fellowship) and they have prayer breakfasts and stuff, and when the uniform is SDB or equivalent, all I have is summer whites. Someone that was in NROTC gave me a SDB uniform so i thought what the heck...but like I said, its not that big of a deal, i figured if i had it..might as well use it.

IN 2 1/2 years it wont matter anyway cuz I will be a MARINE....... :icon_rage OORRAAHH

BTW I know the regs and stuff, so yall dont have to try to explain them :D :D

boobcheese

There are very few places to get Midn uniform items. Most uniform shops don't carry them and as far as I can tell you can't find them online. The only uniform shop I know of that carries that stuff is the one on base at Newport RI. Perhaps if you try calling them they might be able to do something for you.

navyfan

NROTC Clothes

Try Abbotts(sp?) Military uniforms. They seem to have lots of NROTC stuff. They are closing at noon tomorrow for Christmas break, but when you call ask for Chuck Warren--he's a very nice person. Number is 1-800-852-0962. I've seen them high-fived by others on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.