• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC status help

Jacobi

I recently submitted my application and I'm just wondering if i really have a chance. I have a 3.5 , captain of the track team for two years, key club and GSA officer, top 40% of my class:(, 32 ACT, 27 math, 34 science, AP classes, dual credit classes, 20 hours a week at McDonalds, and state championship finalist in track. CU Boulder is my first choice, my recruiter said my essays were great, and the officer said the interview was fantastic. I choose chemical engineering as my major, and I'm physically fit, no medical problems or drug use. I'm really stressing so someone please tell me good news. Also, the petty officer who has been contacting me for about a month said with my current application he is recommending to his commanding officer that i be awarded the scholarship automatically. I've never heard of anything like that before so i'm not sure what he's talking about. He's a recruiter so NROTC isn't his area of expertise. Lastly, when do i find out if i got it? Thanks for any help.

exNavyOffRec

Also, the petty officer who has been contacting me for about a month said with my current application he is recommending to his commanding officer that i be awarded the scholarship automatically. I've never heard of anything like that before so i'm not sure what he's talking about.

It is called an Immediate Selection Decision (ISD), each NRD CO has different criteria, my CO would do this for a person that either had a 4.0 or very close to it, your recruiter may have better info on his CO and feel you fit his criteria.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I recently submitted my application and I'm just wondering if i really have a chance. I have a 3.5 , captain of the track team for two years, key club and GSA officer, top 40% of my class:(, 32 ACT, 27 math, 34 science, AP classes, dual credit classes, 20 hours a week at McDonalds, and state championship finalist in track. CU Boulder is my first choice, my recruiter said my essays were great, and the officer said the interview was fantastic. I choose chemical engineering as my major, and I'm physically fit, no medical problems or drug use. I'm really stressing so someone please tell me good news. Also, the petty officer who has been contacting me for about a month said with my current application he is recommending to his commanding officer that i be awarded the scholarship automatically. I've never heard of anything like that before so i'm not sure what he's talking about. He's a recruiter so NROTC isn't his area of expertise. Lastly, when do i find out if i got it? Thanks for any help.

Make sure you shotgun applications out to all the schools you listed on your NROTC scholarship (there used to be 5, but it's been a while). You don't want to receive the scholarship to a school you never applied to.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Easy, call the NROTC program office and ask the question.

GENERAL PROGRAM QUESTIONS
For general information about the NROTC program or the scholarship:

1.800.NAV.ROTC Option 3, Ext. 0,1