• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Scholarship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon Kelly

I am a senior in high school and I have finished my scholarship package and sent it in. I am just waiting for results I was wondering if people who have gotten a 4 year marine option scholarship could e-mail me or post what they did in high school. Sports, grades, SAT's and all that good stuff just so I can know what my chances are. Thank you. vmi2007@yahoo.com

pjxc415

pilot
Brandon,

I'm an MO at Boston U. The MO board is looking for the well rounded individual - athletic, intelligent, future leader. I'm not sure how my application compared to others that got the scholarship but I'll give you my stats. I played soccer, hockey (captain), and track (all state), was VP of my senior class, did a lot of community service, had a 3.4 gpa and a 1260 sat. My PFT was a 260 when I applied (12 pullups, 100 situps, 17:54 run) although its a 300 now w/a 16:20 run. I honestly think my two interviews are what got me the scholarship though. You need to go in there confident, looking sharp, and tell them how much of a stud you are, how much you love your country, and how the character you have gained through all your experiences in addition to the training you will receive from the Marine Corps will allow you to effectively lead America's most elite troops. But I'm assuming you've already done all this since its already April. How'd it go?

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.