• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Scholarship Update

JhwK08

@ea6bflyr - you're awesome thanks for posting. Re: points 1,2 & 3;

1. key words = scholarships "are targeted" i.e. 85% is a goal

2. sounds negotiable

3. negotiable in that NROTC commissions 1100 or so. Will it be a concern if commission numbers via NROTC decline significantly?

I'm also curious to see what they will do when half of the freshmen in engineering want to switch after 1-2 semesters. Kick them all off scholarship? Some people just don't have the math gift to deal with engineering; it's not a major that you can pass by just studying a lot - you have to have the skillset to do it.

hamdardi

What are the requirements of earning a scholarship? Do you have to have straight A's every highschool year, join extracurricular activities, & have very perfect attendance in order to earn a scholarship? I have good grades, but I've never joined an activity cus I don't want to, & my attendance is not perfect. But I have A's & B's every year though. Will I still be able to earn a scholarship? If yes, how do I apply for it? I'm a senior in Arizona.

Kyoowashugi

What are the requirements of earning a scholarship? Do you have to have straight A's every highschool year, join extracurricular activities, & have very perfect attendance in order to earn a scholarship? I have good grades, but I've never joined an activity cus I don't want to, & my attendance is not perfect. But I have A's & B's every year though. Will I still be able to earn a scholarship? If yes, how do I apply for it? I'm a senior in Arizona.

Boards are different every year. But, I applied as an engineering major before this BS came down the line, so:

- Grades: I had mostly A's, with the exception of one C.
- Extracurriculars: Kind of vital. This is how you demonstrate leadership. It's probably too late, but I'd join one. Or three. ASAP.
- Attendance: No one gives a damn.

You might need to go College Program for a year to demonstrate leadership...but what schools are you looking at?

Immy

In response to going college program for a year,

Just my very limited two cents -- don't go college program right now expecting to get a scholarship after a year or even two. That's what I and a good amount of other people did, and we were basically told there are almost no scholarship opportunities available for this year or the foreseeable future for college program mids.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
but I've never joined an activity cus I don't want to, & my attendance is not perfect. But I have A's & B's every year though.

... I hadn't had perfect addintence but I got a scholarship still. NROTC luks at ur essay too though, so with ur writing skillz you should get it no problems also.

JTB7

I have good grades, but I've never joined an activity cus I don't want to, & my attendance is not perfect.

As long as you didnt go to court for missing too much school, you should be fine.

When competing for an NROTC scholarship, you will be interviewed by an officer. They will ask you a lot about extra curricular activities, and if you have none this puts you at a severe disadvantage. They want to know that you can handle school and time consuming activities after school all at once. I can tell you that if I didnt do sports year round, scouts, etc I would have strait As, becuase I would have more time to study.