• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Scholarship starting in 2012

If you have an application in for NROTC Scholarship (2012-2016), have you heard back?

• Total voters

Eric

Flyboy
Hello AirWarriors community,

I am wondering if anyone has heard back yet about their application for the NROTC Scholarship for college starting with the year 2012 (High school class of '12). I have had my application in since mid-September(2011) and would have expected to have heard back by now. I have looked at some years past and I do realize that it could be late December/January before I hear back. But I am also fairly certain that my application was reviewed by one of the early review boards. I am just hoping that I won't be in the boat of not hearing back until April (2012).

Any information would be awesome!

Thanks!

Eric

Flyboy
If I may, do you remember around whe your appliaction was finalized?
Thanks for the info!

eagleerok

One down, three to go
I submitted my application in October of last year, heard back December 23rd that I received it. Alot of people didn't hear back till late April when the last board met. Your application might have been looked at by an earlier board and no decision was made or maybe they didn't get to yours for one of the early boards. Either way, relax, enjoy your senior year get good grades and get in good shape.

Zazzarito

Cadet
I was selected by the first board however I had my application in around June. Also the officer recruiting stations are able look at the applications (the people that help you with the application) and if you're application is strong enough they can "give you" the scholarship. It still goes to the board for a final review but it's pretty much to make sure you meet the requirements for it. My Area Manager, believes that is how I got my scholarship and is why I heard back so soon from the board.

James Norwood

Hello AirWarriors community,

I am wondering if anyone has heard back yet about their application for the NROTC Scholarship for college starting with the year 2012 (High school class of '12). I have had my application in since mid-September(2011) and would have expected to have heard back by now. I have looked at some years past and I do realize that it could be late December/January before I hear back. But I am also fairly certain that my application was reviewed by one of the early review boards. I am just hoping that I won't be in the boat of not hearing back until April (2012).

Any information would be awesome!

Thanks!
Hi, I submitted my application for the NROTC program starting in 2012 back in August and I have still not heard anything. I would have expected to hear from them by now as well. My recruiter was very confident I would receive the scholarship and yet I have still no heard anything so I wouldn't worry about it. I also contacted my recruiter's office about a month ago and was told that the first board met in early October and no decisions had been expressed yet.

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
Hi, I submitted my application for the NROTC program starting in 2012 back in August and I have still not heard anything. I would have expected to hear from them by now as well. My recruiter was very confident I would receive the scholarship and yet I have still no heard anything so I wouldn't worry about it. I also contacted my recruiter's office about a month ago and was told that the first board met in early October and no decisions had been expressed yet.

Get used to it...I didnt hear about mine until the end of March, even though everything had been submitted in August

Zazzarito

Cadet
Yeah, a lot of people don't always here back very quickly. From what the Recruiting Station in Jacksonville told me, only 4 people were selected for scholarships on the first board. A lot of scholarships get looked at but they don't make a decision right away so as time goes on more decisions are made cause they come back to a lot of applications that decisions weren't made on yet which takes less time at that point to make a decision because the board as already seen it at least once.

JasonGrissino

I Submitted my application on Halloween and heard back yesterday that I was awarded the Scholarship. From my understanding the board meets once a month starting in September. The officers all review the applications. There is a room of about ll 0-5s and 0-6s , each officer has a stack of applications which they review. When it is candidate X's turn the respective officer who reviewed the packet 'pitches' The candidate to the rest of the board. Then each member of the board votes yes or no. They go through all the applications this way with all the 11-0 votes getting the scholarships first then the 10-1 votes get it then if there are still slots left it goes to the 9-2 votes. So........ I think based upon how good the application is it either gets rolled to the next board if it is not found good enough or just flat out denied. My cousin didn't find out until April despite submitting the application in October.

This info may be incorrect however that is how it was explained to me hope this helps any!

dag27

Got rejected for the first board for the Marine option. I'm definitely gonna reapply for the second board when I can destroy the pft. I heard only 20% are given the first time and the rest are given out in mar/apr.