• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC scholarship physical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey3UofM

I am a sophmore at the University of Memphis and i was offered a three year scholarship from my NROTC unit. I have decieded to take it, the only thing that i i have to do now is take the physical. I was just wondering from anyone who has had the physical, is it really in-depth or just to put it easy is it BAD?

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
They'll waste your entire day making you run around, but in my experience they're willing to skip over the less popular portions of the exam (or more popular if you like that sort of thing...) unless you have something in your medical history that requires them to.

Plan on taking the entire day off on the day of your physical, I was at the NAS Pax River hospital for like 9 hours.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Don't worry, they won't violate you toooo much! J/j, like the man said, its a huge waste of time. Don't sweat it.

Charles

I had mine just last week. It does take a long time and you will be moving around from one area to another. Mine was about 6 hours long (there was a break where I could grab some breakfast while I waited for the final part). It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Eye tests take awhile (they did like ten) and the hearing test is annoying, but theres nothing to stress out about. On the Medical history part, the doc will ask you about anything you answered yes on so if you've had any surgeries or anything they'll probably want to make sure that its completely fine. No worries though, good luck.

akamifeldman

Interplanetary Ambassador
Not to hijack the thread, but I applied for the four-year scholarship (sent my application off back in June) and haven't done any type of physical/medical examination. I did do a "Skills and Interests" scantron type test though. Is this weird or not?

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
akamifeldman said:
Not to hijack the thread, but I applied for the four-year scholarship (sent my application off back in June) and haven't done any type of physical/medical examination. I did do a "Skills and Interests" scantron type test though. Is this weird or not?

If you get the scholarship they send you a letter stating that you're in pending the outcome of your DODMERB physical and give you a number to call to schedule it asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.