• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC: post Online Scholarship Application

NavyShark

I was just wondering what happens once i submit my online application?

What should I be preparing for: interviews, more forms, evaluations, etc...?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jaquel

I just went through the application process last year. After sending in your online app you will be set up for an interview. My interview was fairly relaxed and I actually enjoyed it. I thought it was a good opportunity to talk to a current officer about a career in the Navy. As for preparing for it; just make sure you can describe some leadership experience you've had, why you would be useful to the Navy, and a few other things like that and you'll be fine.

I can't tell you the specifics about any forms you will need. You should contact your local recruiter, who I believe should be contacting you about your application, for that. Good luck with the scholarship! :D

NavyShark

Thanks Jaquel, and I was wondering if you or anyone knew anything about college major requirements in NROTC or any other ROTC?

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
You need to have one.

If you select a technical majors get a bonus when calculating order of merit when it comes to designator selection, and as I understand it also when considering NROTC applications.

Other than that you just need to have a major listed in your application. I got a history degree, and I know several people who rode the the BUS (Bachelor of University Studies)

Jaquel

The majors are broken up into tiers 1, 2, and 3. I actually still have the list of majors and what tier they are, so if you know what you're planning on majoring in I can tell you what tier it is. Tier 3 is the only one that they have to review to decide whether or not they will let you choose it.

torpedo0126

The majors are broken up into tiers 1, 2, and 3. I actually still have the list of majors and what tier they are, so if you know what you're planning on majoring in I can tell you what tier it is. Tier 3 is the only one that they have to review to decide whether or not they will let you choose it.

the tier list is posted on the NROTC homepage.

JhwK08

Just throwing some rough numbers out there - ROTC wanted %70 (ish) of its incoming freshmen to have a tier 1 major. The tiers matter - a lot.

JTB7

I started an online application and I got a call from an NROTC OSO. I did a PFT with him, had an interview with 5 Marine Officers. They had papers like this

http://web.mit.edu/navyrotc/prospective/scholarship2yr/interview.pdf

There are a lot more forms than just the online portion, such as forms to be filled out from your english, science, math teachers, your school counselor and any other people you want write about you.

You should contact your nearest coordinator to help you with the process.
https://www.nrotc.navy.mil/locate_coordinator.aspx