• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC pilot slot

tomcat14

im new to the NROTC, i was a former AFROTC cadet until i heard NROTC was coming so i decided to switch. i have a question... do most people who go for pilot slots in rotc get them?

cmhumphr

CuMhUmPeR
I've been told as long as you work hard, then you will get one. Basically as long as you:

Have a 3.0 or above
Get exceptional ASTB scores around or above 6/6/6 and better than 50 OAR.
Good recommedations and LOR's
High billets

Just make sure when you select aviation, I was told to not put down NUKE or SWO. The Navy is hurting for them and you might get hassled if you have it on your list. Good program though.

From what I have learned on this site, it all depends on the person. Do you want to make it happen? Stay out of trouble, work your butt off to maintain good grades, and become involved with your unit. If you want it then you can make it happen. If you screw off and do stupid stuff you won't get it. Oh, and most importantly it depends on the needs of the Navy/Marines.

tomcat14

wanted to be a naval aviator since i was a little kid. nrotc wasnt available at my school until now

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've been told as long as you work hard, then you will get one. Basically as long as you:

Have a 3.0 or above
Good recommedations and LOR's
High billets

Just make sure when you select aviation, I was told to not put down NUKE or SWO. The Navy is hurting for them and you might get hassled if you have it on your list. Good program though.

You don't have a choice. The new selection sheets force you to have subs (for males) or SWO nuke (for females) as one of your choices, even if it's your very last one. Also, you pretty much have to list SWO as a choice, because if you're female subs/SEALS aren't options, and for males if you don't submit the EOD/SEALS screening fitness test thing I know you can't list it as an option. Bottom line, needs of the Navy trump your preferences and though the vast majority of people I've known have gotten their first choice, at the end of the day if the Navy needs you somewhere, guess where you're going. You need to be cool with the fact.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Have a 3.0 or above
Good recommendations and LOR's

High billets

While this may be true for OCS or BDCP candidates, it's not the same for NROTC/Academy Midshipmen. OAR is not used for NROTC or Academy students and LORs are not required.

Where did you get this bad gouge?

-ea6bflyr ;)

cmhumphr

CuMhUmPeR
While this may be true for OCS or BDCP candidates, it's not the same for NROTC/Academy Midshipmen. OAR is not used for NROTC or Academy students and LORs are not required.

Where did you get this bad gouge?

-ea6bflyr ;)

Some 1/c middies at my school. To answer midn09's question, the first two letters are my initials and my last name is Humphries.

Sailtexas20

I was wondering if anyone knows if I have a good chance for a pilot slot.

ASTB 5/6/5 48
GPA: 3.1
PFA Scores: excellent low.