• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC or OCS for a High School Junior

RiseR 25

Wow thank you everyone for those responses even though I have no idea what some of you are talking about. One of my dad's friends worked with marine recon in the late 70's and another was a seal during the 70's and both graduated from UMASS NROTC (I think). They said getting college paid for with a job was awesome even than. Now I could have college paid for, a job that I love, whether or not I get pilot, and some great pickup lines (kidding about the last one... kind of). Its definitely better than no job, 100K in debut and not being allowed to go fast. Thanks again.

The other guys here are correct when saying that OCS is the best way to guarantee you are going to flight school after becoming a Naval Officer. I know it is hard to picture now, but recognize some people do better in different programs. The best NROTC/USNA Midshipmen generally are those who perform well on sports teams, are definitely outspoken leaders, and a more adventurous type I would describe. Your Commanding Officer in those programs will have many opportunities to directly observe your performance. The OCS application on the other hand is done almost entirely on paper, you will not personally meet the Commanding Officer in charge of your selection. Yes you have face to face time with an Officer Recruiter (OR) but ultimately whether or not you get pilot depends on test taking abilities and your abilities to communicate your work experiences.

Please understand I or no one else is pushing you in a particular direction when it comes to a program. Do a little more asking around which you've already demonstrated. That is excellent, keep doing it and you will eventually decide on the best track for you.

To quote just click reply on the right side of the post, I usually hit enter to add a space in, then just start typing your response.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Wow thank you everyone for those responses even though I have no idea what some of you are talking about.
Then ask questions. Your comment about 'better than no job' demonstrates you still don't fully grasp your options or their consequences.