• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC MIDN begin commission as inactive reservists for 6 months?

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
from what i was told today they were considering doing this for the class of 2010, but was scrapped...however my LT told my class (2011) that this is most likely going to happen for sna,snfo and other communities that are backed up :(

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I was at the commissary today I saw the Navy Times in the checkout line had a headline advertising this could start happening with December grads. I don't know the details since I won't pay to read their shoddy reporting.

Reactions: EM1

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Those of you in the class of '11 who feel like getting in to some deeper academics before you jump in to the "don't think, just memorize this shit and do it" mentality of flight school ought to have a look at OPNAVINST 1520.24C. If you think it's for you, talk to your chain of command. Getting anything other than a NPS correspondence degree is hard to do on the aviation side once you get started, so you can put in a delay on your own terms. Odds are that if it's ebbing now, it'll be flowing in a few years.

So if the MIDN are accepted to this program, I understand they have a max of 24 months to complete. After that, do they then pick up and report to their original warfare pipeline?

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
So if the MIDN are accepted to this program, I understand they have a max of 24 months to complete. After that, do they then pick up and report to their original warfare pipeline?

Yes. I selected SNA in December 2004. Started API 1 Oct 2007. I was a 1390 all the while.

navygator87

My CO addressed the IRR rumor at my unit and said that it will most likely be in effect for anyone commissioning in Dec. 2010 or later (FY10 ends before that so it is in effect for the next period)

Daisy

When I was at the commissary today I saw the Navy Times in the checkout line had a headline advertising this could start happening with December grads. I don't know the details since I won't pay to read their shoddy reporting.

I read that article, too. I got the impression that it is very likely that many NROTC grads will be IRR for some period.

Might it be a good time to schedule PRK if it's needed?

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
You would have been commissioned with a designator, so waiting until you're commissioned to get PRK won't help any. Unless you'd like to try to redesignate in API or after your first fleet tour (plarf).