• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC interview?

swampertness

I have an interview tomorrow, and I'm wondering if what I'm wearing would be appropriate. I'm a girl, and my outfit is formal black pants with flat shoes, and a long sleeved white button up shirt.
Also, what other questions will the interviewer ask besides the standard "Why NROTC" question?

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Why do you want to join the Navy? What do you want to do in the Navy? Do you understand that you are committing to become an officer in the Navy, the specific flavor may be out of your control; are you okay with that? Are you applying for other services? Why should the board select you over other candidates? Just a couple of questions I've either asked myself, was asked, or have heard others asked.

As far as attire - if you feel that your choice of clothing presents you in a professional (conservative) manner than you should be good to go.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Consider it a job interview. Try to relax and have some questions prepared for the interview.

NRDPortlandOR

I do these interviews all the time. Obviously, each interviewer is different, but here's what I look for:

1. Motivation. This is KEY. Not only should you be motivated to join the Navy, but you should also be motivated to be a Midshipman and future Officer. Make sure you know why you're in my office.
2. Good bearing/communication. Sit up straight in your chair, speak clearly and confidently, and be articulate and concise. Don't call me "dude" or "bro".
3. Be on time. Unless there's a good excuse, that will usually kill an interview for me.
4. Ask questions. It shows me that you're truly interested.
5. Do your research. Know what kind of careers you can select and what they are about. I don't expect applicants to know exactly what they want to do after they commission. If you at least know a little about SWO/Nuke/Aviation/SPECWAR, you will definitely impress your interviewer.

Hope this helps.