• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC interview tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowulf

Hey all. I'm rather new to this forum and all, but i find it very useful. I have an ROTC interview tomorrow in Buffalo. And I was just wondering what advice you all may have for me. My ears are open. Thanks in advance.

Iraqi rilfe for sale. Never fired, dropped once.

JTurse

Too late for your interview; hope it all went well.

If you don't get a NROTC scholarship from the start (and there's lots of folks that don't) you CAN pick one up later. Go to school, bust your butt, join NROTC as a frosh, and make a good impression on your advisor and CO. As long as your GPA is competitive (for tech majors, about 3.0+, for bull majors, 3.2+) you should be good. I'd also probably take calculus during your first semester, if you feel confident about your math skills. Otherwise, register for the pre-calc class and do well. The Navy does look closely at your ability to handle school and particularly science/math/enginerd classes.

Good Luck!

JT

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Look into the BDCP program before you sign anything with rotc. It will guarantee a job and pay you about 2K amonth to go to school.

Dave

Alex Fowler

Beowulf, I just had my interview back in May. Hope yours went well, and good luck with the process. Hope to see you in API in 4 1/2 years :)

Alex

quote:
Hey all. I'm rather new to this forum and all, but i find it very useful. I have an ROTC interview tomorrow in Buffalo. And I was just wondering what advice you all may have for me. My ears are open. Thanks in advance.

Iraqi rilfe for sale. Never fired, dropped once.

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away"-U2

Status
Not open for further replies.