• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC ID CARDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagges

I am a Nrotc Marine Option 4/c, all my scholorship buddies have Military IDs and I saw in the Mid Regs that College program, even those not advanced standing, will get an ID. Anyone out there know the answer to this?

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
You wont get an ID until you are on advanced stading. You wont be on advanced standing until you're selected for it, probably at the end of your sophomore year before junior year. Don't plan on getting and ID until you get scholarship or advanced standing.

Dickwest83

Nozeman, your info is not fully correct.

As a College Programmer, you will not get a Military ID, but instead a College Program ID. This ID is just simply a Gov't ID. It's too big to fit in a wallet and looks kind of ridiculous. But yes, it is an ID.

jagges

At school I live near MacDill AFB, and at my families house I live near a Navy x-change, I can get in with a scholorship friends, but I was just wondering.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Dickwest,

I was just speaking from what happens in my unit. I didn't know about the alternate type of ID. I guess its not the type that you'd go flashing around.

Nozeman

beau

Well a College Program ID gets you nothing other than Identification with the ROTC unit. Like some else said, it you want to get on base/shop on base go with a ROTC buddy. From what I remember it doesent even have your picture on it.

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
Originally posted by jagges
What would that ID entitle you to?

With your ROTC ID you can go on base. It's good to take advantage of exchange privileges (often you can buy stuff for a lot cheaper than at regular stores). You can also order stuff off http://www.navy-nex.com ; I got some 80 dollar running shoes for about 50 from the NEX.

Status
Not open for further replies.