• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Applicant

Will_T

Will_T
Hello All,
My name is Will, and I hail from the great state of Connecticut. I am an NROTC applicant, with my application submitted several weeks ago. I have a 4.26 weighted GPA, am taking all AP classes with the exception of Digital Electronics, and am a member of my High School's NHS chapter. I plan on going to Rensselaer, WPI or Boston University for Engineering (either mechanical or aeronautical). I do not have a job, or any sports, except for the one year my school had a Boy's volleyball Team, although I do have a family obligation after school every day for several hours and I work out with the local recruiter every week. My interview went well, with a Lieutenant Commander Smalls, although it was very short (it was his first interview since becoming the commanding officer), and the points that I am deeply interested in Naval history, have a slight family history, do very well in school, am deeply involved in my local youth group and have a family obligation were all made.
I believe that I have properly introduced myself.
Any comments on my chances, or just to say hi are appreciated,
Will.

snake020

Contributor
You sounds like you have a strong package. Go to BU not RPI. All the nerds I've met that are RPI alums expressed a regret for having attended a school with such a lack of chicks.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
You sounds like you have a strong package. Go to BU not RPI. All the nerds I've met that are RPI alums expressed a regret for having attended a school with such a lack of chicks.

Do you consider me a nerd? Crap, don't answer that... :icon_tong

I went to RPI, enjoyed it, got a good degree and got laid. If I had to do it again I would. RPI throws in room and board so I got paid to go there and got a great degree. Though BU would still be a very good choice.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Do you consider me a nerd? Crap, don't answer that... :icon_tong

I went to RPI, enjoyed it, got a good degree and got laid. If I had to do it again I would. RPI throws in room and board so I got paid to go there and got a great degree. Though BU would still be a very good choice.

I consider you a nerd, big time. :D

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
every time i read someone else's credentials i feel dumber and dumber

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
Welcome, Will_T!

Sounds like you have a strong package for NROTC. Enjoy your senior year, don't get senioritis too badly, and let us know how it all turns out.

Best of luck!!
~Red

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
.... have a slight family history...

have a family obligation were all made.

I have no idea what those two statements mean.

Man this has become a kinder and gentler board...before you'd be relegated to the "What are my chances thread" and repremanded. :)

Hi, btw. Good luck. Don't mess up.

~D

wnukalicious

What's up D Rob? What are you flying now?

Anyway, I'm a senior at RPI and it's really not as bad as some say it is. I have an awesome time here, and we have a good unit right now. You should also think about whether you'd rather live in a big city and go to a big school or go to a school in a smaller city with a smaller, more cohesive campus environment. Boston is a fun city though. Good luck either way.

Will_T

Will_T
By slight family history, i meant that i have a couple relatives that were in the navy, my grandpa during the second world war and a great uncle. And if you reread the sentence, you will see that the second quote is the end of a list.
And thanks for not reprimanding me. :icon_tong
Anyway,
Thanks all for the comments.

rhertz2304

Look good but,
Don't do engineering.
More than half of the Mid's in my class are just like you and applied for the scholarship in engineering. General consensus: BIG mistake. About 80% of them hate it and are trying to switch(which is nearly impossible if on Tier 1 scholarship).
If you want to fly, you want a decent GPA, and major doesn't matter one bit.
Go Poli sci or something easy

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
What's up D Rob? What are you flying now?

Anyway, I'm a senior at RPI and it's really not as bad as some say it is. I have an awesome time here, and we have a good unit right now. You should also think about whether you'd rather live in a big city and go to a big school or go to a school in a smaller city with a smaller, more cohesive campus environment. Boston is a fun city though. Good luck either way.

Since I'm online and D_rob hasn't answered yet, D_rob is in advanced tailhook, flying the T-45 jet. Don't know if he's made the E2C2 selection yet, but either way, it's likely he'll be flying a Navy fleet Jet.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Since I'm online and D_rob hasn't answered yet, D_rob is in advanced tailhook, flying the T-45 jet. Don't know if he's made the E2C2 selection yet, but either way, it's likely he'll be flying a Navy fleet Jet.

I sent him a PM but thanks for the help Joboy!

But to answer your question I haven't made it to the E2C2 selection yet.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Will.

ACT/SAT scores and percentage of your H.S. that is accepted into four year college or university would be nice to know before offering an opinion on chances.

Also, if you can hack engineering, go for it. Your chances of selection are increased if you are an engineering or science major. But don't go there unless you are really prepared for it.