• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC app

sanders

Alright, I just finished freshman year. In January I applied for NROTC(3 year) and did not get it, becasue even though I had a high GPA I am majoring in economics. However, the officers at my school are able to hand out one NROTC contract every so often to whomever they see fit. They only had one to give out and I was number 2 on the list, so I did not get it. The guy that did get it is also a non-tech major so I figure it is my only hope. Anyway, I have an application out for the summer board right now and my question is, does anybody know how often the officers get a free NROTC contract to hand out? Is it annually or is it each time a board gets together? Thanks.

UMichfly

pilot
None
I believe that the CO gets two per academic year but I will default to any college programmer who has been through the process and wants to tell me I'm full of $hit:D . You would probably be well served by a search of this site for the terms "college program" and perhaps "tweedale scholarship". Also, pay a visit to the following link https://www.nrotc.navy.mil/scholarships.cfm.

College Program got me my commission through NROTC :icon_smil .

It's been getting tougher and tougher to get selected for it (college program), though. I was one of two selected at my unit, and two good friends didn't make it in the summer of 04. Then last summer they didn't select anyone...NATIONWIDE.

Your best bet is to continue to make yourself visible in your program. In my opinion, this is one of those rare times when you DON'T want to be "under the radar." Stay involved in unit activities, volunteer within your unit, and, of course, study study study.

All of this should bolster your package for either a scholarship from in-house (one of the 2 CO's scholarships) or a selection board's scholarship or College Program appointment.

Cheers,

-jai5w4