• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NRD XO Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

DairyCreamer

Gentlemen,

Interesting news, but not necessarily positive or negative in the long-term. I like to use the term "interestingly neutral."

I've been called and asked to interview with the XO of my NRD unit later this week. Looks like one or more of the instructors at the NROTC unit called down to the NRD after I asked for their letters of recommendation for my package. They apparantly said some very nice things, and from what I was told, the XO wants a chance to get to know me vis-a-vis with a little interview.

I'm a little nervous about the whole deal. While taking some classes at the NROTC unit allowed me to directly interact with a Marine Corps Colonel and a Navy Commander already, it's still a touch intimidating to think about this, especially as it appertains to selection.

I know to be candid, open, and honest. I know to be myself and be sincere, and definintely not artificial. I should have no problem with any of that, seeing as I've been doing this for the last 2 years basically. This just feels like it might be a little bit of a turning point in my application process, and while it's not the board in Millington, there might be a little sway with this.

I suppose I'm just looking for a little support. Not that I'm a girly girl though :icon_smil

I'll be sure to cut off any Irish Pennants I find before I go down :icon_mi_1

~Nate

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Treat him like a normal person, easy on overloading the Sirs. That gets obnoixious real quick.
Throw one in every now and then, be respectful, but have fun. It will help you relax.
r/
G

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ask about the XOs career. If you get a chance, ask the XO where he was before the NRD. Look around the office for the typical plaques and photos of aircraft and ships. It may be (it is more common every day) that if the XO is a female she was never at sea or very operational. It may not seem exciting, but the work she has done is still very important and she will likely be proud to share some info about it. You will do fine.

DairyCreamer

It's definitely a he, and from the looks of his bio and pic (from the NRD command site), he's a SWO.

I think it's just a little nerve-wracking because it was kind of sudden, and definintely not expected. Not sure what effect this sort of an interview might have, but I'm taking it as a rather rare occurance.

~Nate

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Rare yes, but not unheard of. Are you sure those NROTC instructors said nice things about you. :eek:

DairyCreamer

wink said:
Rare yes, but not unheard of. Are you sure those NROTC instructors said nice things about you. :eek:

According to a certain source, they (and I'm sure this is slightly exaggerated) made me sound like "the best thing since sliced bread."

I would hope they at least were positive. I took their classes and got As in them. Even the Naval Leadership one with the CO and XO team-teaching it. I think they know I want this pretty bad.

~Nate

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
DairyCreamer said:
It's definitely a he, and from the looks of his bio and pic (from the NRD command site), he's a SWO.
Obviously you're screwed then. SWO's are by far the most evil and meanest creatures on the face of the earth. God be with you.

Although, you could bring the good XO an offering. I recommend 1 doz Krispy Kreme doughnuts, 6 glazed and 6 chocolate covered. He may show mercy if you do this.

DairyCreamer

Steve Wilkins said:
Obviously you're screwed then. SWO's are by far the most evil and meanest creatures on the face of the earth. God be with you.

Although, you could bring the good XO an offering. I recommend 1 doz Krispy Kreme doughnuts, 6 glazed and 6 chocolate covered. He may show mercy if you do this.

Ya know... I have gotten into government buildings before with the promise of donuts :) Air Traffic Controllers love donuts :icon_smil

Then again, there might be JUST a little bit too much ass-kissing factor there, hmm? :icon_tong

~Nate

Kycntryboy

pilot
DairyCreamer said:
Ya know... I have gotten into government buildings before with the promise of donuts :) Air Traffic Controllers love donuts :icon_smil

Then again, there might be JUST a little bit too much ass-kissing factor there, hmm? :icon_tong

~Nate
Better make it a half dozen then.

Status
Not open for further replies.